LCVG

E3 replacement? - Summer Game Fest

Starhawk

I’ll be on for MS/Beth,  but then the aisles playoff game is on.

Already a couple of game pass leaks.

Yakuza Rise of Dragon

and that new Game  by the folks who worked on L4D is supposedly day 1 on GP.

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

I'm so disconnected from Ubisoft I had no idea Rainbow Six was about... aliens now? 

its a separate thing. Siege is still around.  We are never get a proper R6 campaign again are we.

14 hours ago, Graeme said:

UBISoft labeling everything as “A UBISoft Original” was annoying me. 

I'm not sure what the point is either, since they already have the Ubi logo on the art.  There are a couple of exceptions, though.  Mario + Rabbids isn't labeled as "A Ubisoft Original", and unless they've updated the covers from what's making the rounds now, neither are Riders Republic or the Sands of Time remake.  My only guess is that they're looking to take on more of a publisher role, and at some point, not everything released by Ubisoft will have been made by Ubisoft?  Because otherwise...yeah.

. . . 

I'm trying to be better about not limiting myself to the same few events I watch every year, so I watched Wholesome Games Direct last night: something like 75 games in the space of 45 minutes.  There's definitely something to be said about a Gatling gun-style barrage of cute, wildly imaginative games, only a handful of which I was familiar with beforehand.  The downside is that some teasers were so short that I couldn't really tell much about them.  For instance, I thought Paralives was a home designing/decoration game rather than a life sim.  Some of the overlap was kind of funny too; snapping photos is a big one, but I was surprised to see multiple games about making tea and cooking on a hot pot.  But plenty of games caught my eye, and it's worth setting aside a bit of time to watch if you're looking for something different.