LCVG

The Ascent - Xbox exclusive. 4K/60 on the Series X

Romier S

I’m liking this one a lot so far, reminds me so much of Crusader No Remorse and that’s great. There hasn’t really been anything like this in a long while now and I’m having fun with it. Fair warning though, the PC Gamepass version is buggy with RT + DLSS settings. Hopefully it’s patched soon. 

5 hours ago, Magness said:

I’m liking this one a lot so far, reminds me so much of Crusader No Remorse and that’s great. There hasn’t really been anything like this in a long while now and I’m having fun with it. Fair warning though, the PC Gamepass version is buggy with RT + DLSS settings. Hopefully it’s patched soon. 

The console version isn’t far behind. I hit level 17 and the near constant audio bugs have been atmosphere killing to say the least. Also ran into a few memory bugs that tanked the framerate and forced a console restart to iron out. The texture pop-in got really bad during that scenario, too. I may pause my playthrough until they sort the audio bugs at least.

Also, if you like this I would highly recommend trying out Ruiner (which I mentioned earlier in the thread). It was out in the 2017 timeframe and its very much in the same vein as this game. Though the RPG elements are much less fleshed out and it’s much more fast paced. It even has the cyberpunk aesthetic.

The devs posted on Twitter that they will be patching the GP version as soon as it’s ready so that will hopefully improve things. I’m tempted to just switch to the Steam version because it’s already patched and working better from most reports but, while the majority that are having probs seem to be on GP, I’ve also read a few posts (not many) about the save game bug on Steam too so I think I’ll wait. 

• 1 month later...

Started this the other day on Xbox and performance seems decent, so perhaps it did get patched?  Seems OK so far-1 just hit level 12, and there's a bunch of quests I picked up that are still over my level, so sticking to the mainline for a bit.  I like the twin stick shooter vibe, but it does seem like there's a lot of walking from point A to point B, and you move relatively slowly.  The trains help, but it'd be nice if the wayfinding took that into account.  I'll stick with it for a little more at least.