Jump to content
LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Starhawk

Reactions

Recommended Posts

It's funny — I was looking at my post from last night about several cases of COVID-19 popping up at my son's daycare and saw that it had received quite a few reactions, all of which were the new Shocked emoji. Because it received at least five reactions, there's now a little banner with heart on it that says, "This is a popular post," when you hover your mouse cursor over it.

 

Now, normally I associate something that's popular with something people like. However, I don't think that people like the fact that teachers and children have tested positive for COVID-19. I also don't think they like the possibility that my 4 year-old son may have been exposed to this dreaded disease. But because it received enough reactions, that's what the forum software says is happening.

 

I'm not saying that we need to change this. I just find the semantics regarding likes on the Internet funny. That's all.

 

Also, you people are monsters.

  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JFo said:

Now, normally I associate something that's popular with something people like. However, I don't think that people like the fact that teachers and children have tested positive for COVID-19. I also don't think they like the possibility that my 4 year-old son may have been exposed to this dreaded disease. But because it received enough reactions, that's what the forum software says is happening.

 

No joke, I actually questioned on what to do with that reaction when setting up the new system. Reactions can give points or they can remain neutral. The positive reaction give 1 point and the negative ones are 0. For "stunned" I saw it either used in a positive or negative way so I left it as +1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused by that 'Reaction Givers' list.

 

Paticularly speaking, Curtis, Amex and Izzy stats/rankings/'Last post date' do not seem compute.

 

How? Like did Curtis spam reactions until 2016? I don't feel like we've even had reactions that long. Have we? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, JTello said:

I'm confused by that 'Reaction Givers' list.

 

Paticularly speaking, Curtis, Amex and Izzy stats/rankings/'Last post date' do not seem compute.

 

How? Like did Curtis spam reactions until 2016? I don't feel like we've even had reactions that long. Have we? 

 

The early reaction system was different in that (if I remember correctly) it was simply an up arrow in the bottom right corner. Almost no one used it.. except for the football guys in that one thread. They used it a lot. It wasn't until the system changed to more of a "Like" system that everyone else gravitated to using it. 

 

Those guys are also why we have the custom "real face" emojis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, maybe I'm slow, but I just realized that the "excellent" reaction is more Montgomery Burns and less Bill and Ted.

  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rustyjaw said:

So, maybe I'm slow, but I just realized that the "excellent" reaction is more Montgomery Burns and less Bill and Ted.

 

 

  • Excellent 1
  • Bravo 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Starhawk said:

 

The early reaction system was different in that (if I remember correctly) it was simply an up arrow in the bottom right corner. Almost no one used it.. except for the football guys in that one thread. They used it a lot. It wasn't until the system changed to more of a "Like" system that everyone else gravitated to using it. 

 

Those guys are also why we have the custom "real face" emojis.

 

Ahhh, I legit totally forgot the football section.  Universe, within a universe, within a universe. 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...