LCVG

Resident Evil 8: Village [Playstation/PC/Xbox] - May 7th, 2021 Release date.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The American accent is a quick way to communicate classiness, panache, wit, and exceptional breeding.

Only when British actors are playing Americans.

Microsoft's social media game is on point.    

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Romier S said:

Microsoft's social media game is on point.

Truly:  Xbox/Game Pass >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nintendo/Animal Crossing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Playstation when it comes to playing the social media game.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Romier S said:

sMwivxx.png?width=996&height=675

Seems strange not to offer a 30fps cap with RT mode but with VRR, uncapped should be good.

45fps is baffling. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to that.

10 hours ago, Romier S said:

Demo schedule:

EzDEEE3XMAIW_-p?format=jpg&name=large

Did they say whether the two demos are unique and separate from the core game?

Keep in mind that the 45fps is likely not a cap on the framerate. Especially judging by how the previous demo ran. It's an uncapped framerate that will go as a high as 60 but can drop to 45fps. 

I still think its better to offer a 30fps cap as the only way that uncapped framerate is worthwhile is if you have a VRR capable set and console that supports it which right now is only the Series X as the PS5 still hasn't got its update to support VRR. In other words, a miniscule number of users will be able to take advantage of it.

Okay, I can’t believe no one has shared this yet.

I’m honestly surprised by the performance of the game on PS5 with ray tracing enabled. It comes much closer to hitting that 60 fps target than I expected. With it disabled, it’s a perfect 60. Like John and Richard, I think Capcom should consider using dynamic resolution scaling (or a 1440p mode) to get it to lock it to 60.

The recommended specs for PC are only up to a 1070ti (?) I haven’t seen any changes to these to include RT or other features. So, it should play at 60fps, 4K easily on PC and hopefully with all the RT features on with DLSS on my card but I guess we’ll see. I’m looking forward to trying the demo out :)

• 2 weeks later...

Digital Foundry has a quick video up on the Resident Evil Village demo running on Xbox Series consoles.

Aside from the abysmal performance of the game running on Series S with ray tracing on, it seems to run very well on all consoles.

Series X runs at native 4K while Series S runs at 1440p. Like PS5, it runs very well on Series X with ray tracing turned on. There are a few minor dips below 60 fps, but it seems to actually hold its target framerate a more consistently. Series S hits between the mid-30s and 40s most of the time with ray tracing on. However, with ray tracing turned off, it hits 60 fps pretty much all the time.

Given the fact that ray tracing doesn't seem to be transformative in terms of visual quality on this title, it certainly seems like the way to play is with it turned off -- at least if performance is what matters to you most.

I'll be interested in seeing what the final results are when the full game launches later this week. I already have it pre-ordered on Xbox Series X though, so it's a bit of a moot point for me. I'm happy to see it running well on every next gen console though. It's good to know that everyone is likely to get a good experience from it, no matter which platform they choose.