LCVG

Resident Evil 8: Village [Playstation/PC/Xbox] - May 7th, 2021 Release date.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The American accent is a quick way to communicate classiness, panache, wit, and exceptional breeding.

Microsoft's social media game is on point.    

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Installed (my timing of the download seems to have given me  v1.001.000 by default). It takes up 27GB on PS5 for those wondering. 

I just pre-ordered digitally and seeing the same.

Interesting the countdown timer seems to be ending at 11pm EST. The same thing happened with Returnal, but when 11pm EST came, it reset for another hour until the usual midnight availability.

11pm or anything sooner for pre-orders would be fantastic for east coasters. 

46 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

I just pre-ordered digitally and seeing the same.

Interesting the countdown timer seems to be ending at 11pm EST. The same thing happened with Returnal, but when 11pm EST came, it reset for another hour until the usual midnight availability.

11pm or anything sooner for pre-orders would be fantastic for east coasters. 

I'd start playing now but am waiting for it to get dark. :) 

The DF summary is pretty straightforward for those that don't want to watch or can't at the moment:

- Both Series X and PS5 hit 60fps with RT off 99.9% of the time. Its nearly perfect. Both are running at 2160p using reconstruction.

- RT On performance is mostly a wash with Series X having a max 10% performance advantage in heavier scenes. Both are good performers. RT quality is identical in both.

- VRR clears up most of these drops entirely. So Xbox owners get that option and John keeps pushing Sony to release their VRR update.

- Series S runs mostly well with RT off hitting the 60fps target mostly.

- RT On with Series S is bad. Dips to sub-30, etc. A 30fps cap is needed for this to be useable.

- The Series X has load screens and takes about 8 seconds to present a button prompt to load up. The PS5 is instantaneous. No load screens, no prompts. It loads in a little over a second.

Just now, Angry the Clown said:

Did they say whether the RT really adds much?

Generally speaking, not really. I think you can turn it off and have a good time with the game still from a visual standpoint. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I plan on playing with it off to enjoy the benefits of a locked (and nearly perfect) 60fps experience.

13 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Did they say whether the RT really adds much? From the videos of the demo it didn't seem to be dramatic, which leads me wanting to lean to leaving it off for the benefit of the frame rate.

Better and more natural lighting, RT reflections but of generally low quality, etc. None of it game changing. I'm playing with it on given that the performance seems pretty good overall.

Have saved after 1hr and 50mins of play (a little way into the castle) before I go to bed. I don't know why everyone in this Eastern European village has American accents, but other than that distraction it's brilliant so far. Beautiful art direction once you get to the castle, and fantastic music throughout.

This entry is very good at leaving you in a panic, disorientated about which way to turn, with bastard enemies descending upon you from every angle. It's genuinely intimidating stuff. The new family of characters are great, and The Duke is particularly wonderful.