LCVG

Hitman III [PS5/PC/SeriesX/PS4/XB1] - January 2021

Thanks for the link - I did kind of suspect I was buying this on some sort of Xbox so I can import the first two games into the updated engine. 

Honestly unsure how I feel about the news that my Hitman 2 import will also carry forward my progress; spending a year going through all the missions again isn’t a big chore. 

• 3 weeks later...

On 6/12/2020 at 7:15 AM, iainl said:

Honestly unsure how I feel about the news that my Hitman 2 import will also carry forward my progress; spending a year going through all the missions again isn’t a big chore. 

I still never had the chance to play 2. Missions carrying over probably suits me quite well in that case. It''l be quite tempting to pick that up, and perhaps even buy the first one again, if I get a SeriesX before PS5.

39 minutes ago, NickC said:

I played most of 1, haven't played 2. I'd like to purchase both and play through them on PS5, waiting to hear about backwards compatibility though.

That's not how it works, though; I would imagine this will be like it was for Hitman 1 owners when Hitman 2 came out.

In the old game there's a thing you activate in the UI that gives you a free DLC for the new one that unlocks all the old levels. They've said we'll get the same again. Then you just select to play through that game's campaign in the new game, complete with all the enhancements to the engine; no need for backward compatibility. People who didn't have the old games can also just buy those missions as DLC directly, and save some faff.

The difference I was mentioning in my last post is that it purely brought across DLC rights in the transition from Hitman to Hitman 2. Now it sounds like they're doing all this through your IO Interactive account, so (a) the process should be simpler, and (b) you'll keep your progress on those levels, so I can charge straight into the new stuff with my tranquilizer pistol, silenced sniper rifle and remote explosive duck.

thanks, I had no idea that was a thing until you mentioned it and I read the link above, I just want to buy physical copies of both games and play them before 3 comes out. 

The World of Assassination trilogy is fully realised with HITMAN 3 and we are establishing our new game as the ultimate place to play all three games. Players of our previous HITMAN games will be pleased to know that it will be possible to ‘import’ locations that they own from the previous two HITMAN games into HITMAN 3, essentially putting all 20+ locations from the entire trilogy in one place.

Playing the entire trilogy from beginning to end, from within HITMAN 3, also means that the progression systems in HITMAN 3 work across all locations. You can unlock an item in Dubai and take it with you to Paris, for example. Now that we’re talking about items and progression, we’re pleased to say that HITMAN 2 players will have the option to carry over their hard-earned unlocks and progression into HITMAN 3. This is something that players have been asking for and we’re delighted to confirm.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I still need to buy Hitman 2 and complete the first game, although I am probably better off rolling ownership of both into III and enjoying the visual and a.i enhancements they will receive. They say in this video that native 4k, 60fps, lighting and npc a.i will be patched in to cover the entire trilogy. 

32 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

I'm tempted to grab Hitman II Gold Edition in the PSN sale right now and put it to one side, but given I am not sure how soon I will buy III I can probably leave it until a time when I can get both II and III at a discount.

It's 15 bucks on XBL right now-thought about picking it up as well, but I still haven't finished the original Hitman.  Wondering if it's one of those games I'll just never get around to...

43 minutes ago, ChrisBardon said:

It's 15 bucks on XBL right now-thought about picking it up as well, but I still haven't finished the original Hitman.  Wondering if it's one of those games I'll just never get around to...

I think your best bet is to do what I'm planning. Since like me you also own Hitman, wait for the Gold edition of II to be on sale again around the time you expect III to get a discount, then you've got all the missions enhanced under one roof to play through. It doesn't make sense for me to grab II right now when I'm unlikely to have the funds to buy III on release.

Meanwhile, I’m buying a second copy of II Gold in the Steam Sale, so I can play on either platform. Though mainly it's because I can't decide whether I want a Series X or an RTX 3070, so don't know where I'll be buying III yet. At the rate things are going, quite possibly neither by the time the game comes out, due to there being none in shops.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 11:58 AM, Angry the Clown said:

I think your best bet is to do what I'm planning. Since like me you also own Hitman, wait for the Gold edition of II to be on sale again around the time you expect III to get a discount, then you've got all the missions enhanced under one roof to play through. It doesn't make sense for me to grab II right now when I'm unlikely to have the funds to buy III on release.

Hitman 2 gold is 20 bucks (at least here) in the Xbox sale right now, so I picked that up. 

• 1 month later...