LCVG

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart [PS5]

1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

My brain can't comprehend how it's throwing these visuals around at 60fps. It's mind boggling. I've made it as far as Sargasso and will resume later tonight or tomorrow night. It's just breathtaking stuff.

The music might just be the best in the series to date too. I spent an age just soaking up the atmosphere and that tune playing in the club.

My download unlocks at midnight. I'll be there.

Totally gorgeous! A lot of the reviews noted how animated films and games have nearly merged, in some ways this game looks better than current 3D animated films. And I've only played in Performance mode so far. Detail, detail, detail everywhere you look!

And as Dan noted, the music is top notch which also helps it feel movie-like. That multiple-warp sequence we all saw in the reveal last year is breathtaking in 4K on a big screen.

It's funny coming from Returnal where Selene runs so damn fast. I keep toggling R3 on and off again because I feel like I should be moving faster. But after about 30 mins, I'm getting used to the pace.

I tried out all the graphic modes. Maybe it’s because I started in 60FPS, but no way am I playing in Fidelity. The 30FPS jitter is too much. 

oh and

Spoiler

The dash ability you get fits perfectly with the dash reflex I built up in Returnal. 

6 hours ago, rustyjaw said:

I tried out all the graphic modes. Maybe it’s because I started in 60FPS, but no way am I playing in Fidelity. The 30FPS jitter is too much. 

I set it to Performance RT before I began.  I'd finished Miles before Insomniac patched that in, so it's great to see that magic at work here.

3 hours ago, rustyjaw said:

Love the haptics in this game. So many elements have haptic feedback. It’s highly varied and at times incredibly subtle, for the better, IMO. 

Yes. It's making really nice use of the DualSense.

Also, while I still don't think it's a huge success, it's got the best 3D audio I've heard so far in a PS5 game (particularly when there's drop ships whizzing around above you, and there's a terrific sense of bass response to some of the weapons and the heavier beats of the music).