LCVG

Spider-man: Miles Morales (PS4, PS5) (Holiday 2020)

All done.

If Spider-Man 2 doesn’t feature a 50/50 split between Miles/Peter it’s already failed, IMO. Especially considering the setup at the end....

Harry as Venom and Kurt Connors as the Lizard.

I absolutely loved it. The length is perfection (and I did most everything). The smaller scope helps open world games like this. It cuts the fat and keeps the game focused. Something that is sorely needed far too often.

I love Miles so much. I love how community centric the story is. I love the ancillary characters he helps throughout the game and my god please make sure Hailey is a series regular. She’s adorable and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a prominently featured hearing impaired/mute character in a game before. That’s awesome!

The finale hit all of the right emotional notes for me too. I especially loved the

flashback Phin has to her brother as Miles is trying to drain the reactor.

That stuff usually comes off as cheesy but man it worked for me.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that's a Platinum.   Interestingly that was the longest straight session I went without a crash.   My profile says that took me 19hrs of play (no idea if that includes the clo

Nothing quite as satisfying as being Spider-man again. I'm loving this. 

Ending spoilers for the first game....     I literally spat my drink out when I saw that. LMAO!

Posted Images

I haven’t beaten the game yet. It says I’m currently 55% complete. But that hasn’t stopped me from thinking about the next game. It will be interesting to see where they go. I can’t help but think it would be better to keep them to their own games, Peter in the main game with some crossover from Miles, kind of like they did with MJ and Miles in 2018,  and keeping him in these smaller almost side stories. 

Of course, a world shattering event that requires the both of them to team up for the entirety of the game could be pretty awesome too. 

The other thing is location. I don’t think I mind all the games being in New York, but I could also see that getting old for some people. I wonder what if anything they would do to change that up. Maybe a Far from Home type story. I don’t know. The only thing I’m sure of is I love this series, these characters and look forward to more.

I had another weird issue last night. I replayed the opening mission with Rhino to get the Trophy. When I abandoned the mission, it put me back in the city as Miles without any Spidey powers. All I could do was walk and run. I tried to restart at checkpoints and start other missions, but nothing worked. It was weird seeing cutscenes where you’re supposed to be Spider-Man play out wearing his normal street clothes. And then (horrors) the cutscene of him coming home at the start of the game, his head was invisible!

In the end, I had to reload an old save. Since I was trophy hunting, fortunately I didn’t really lose any progress. 

22 hours ago, Romier S said:

All done.

If Spider-Man 2 doesn’t feature a 50/50 split between Miles/Peter it’s already failed, IMO. Especially considering the setup at the end....

Hide contents

Harry as Venom and Kurt Connors as the Lizard.

I absolutely loved it. The length is perfection (and I did most everything). The smaller scope helps open world games like this. It cuts the fat and keeps the game focused. Something that is sorely needed far too often.

I love Miles so much. I love how community centric the story is. I love the ancillary characters he helps throughout the game and my god please make sure Hailey is a series regular. She’s adorable and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a prominently featured hearing impaired/mute character in a game before. That’s awesome!

The finale hit all of the right emotional notes for me too. I especially loved the

Hide contents

flashback Phin has to her brother as Miles is trying to drain the reactor.

That stuff usually comes off as cheesy but man it worked for me.

And... done. I thought the ending was fantastic, along with what you said about the potential for team up.

The unmasking/remasking was ver reminiscent of the train scene from Spiderman 2 movie of course. Still worked though.

The length was great.

I think I’m probably done with this game now too. I’ve got 100% in the regular game and have almost all the trophies I can get without replaying in NG+. I don’t see myself playing through NG+ again right away to just get a few trophies, but we’ll see. I’ve been doing some of the trophy hunting through remote play on my phone, and mainlining the story again could be something worth doing that way.