LCVG

Spider-man: Miles Morales (PS4, PS5) (Holiday 2020)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

4k/60fps "performance mode" is a go:        

Jason Schreier is saying the game is Lost Legacy-ish in scope if you’re comparing to the original Spider-Man. It’s a full game but it’s shorter and a bridge to Spidey 2.  

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales – An update from Insomniac Games   Brian Horton, Creative Director for Spider-Man: Miles Morales, writing for the PlayStation Blog:     Th

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, please. Hoping the original game gets a similar patch for PS5.

I'm guessing the 4K/60hz mode is using their rather fantastic temporal injection method and sans RTX? Meanwhile the base "Graphics" mode is likely running at native 4K/30hz with RTX enabled.

1080p@120hz, Insomniac? Come on, you know you want to!

Rumor so take it with a grain as usual but there’s hub bub the game will come packaged with a “remastered” version of Spider-Man. The main reason I find this somewhat credible is that Sony has long been using the original game to demo the gains made by the SSD several times in the past year. This would certainly sweeten the deal for Miles as a package on launch day. I would hope those enhancements are also released in a patch to existing owners of the first game if true as well.

https://www.psu.com/news/spider-man-miles-morales-on-ps5-comes-with-a-remaster-of-ps4s-spider-man/

605-E961-A-27-A3-4-D0-A-8177-DAA9-CE99-E

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PS5 reportedly comes packaged in with a remaster of the original Spider-Man according to the latest issue of GameInformer magazine.

According to a post on Reddit, The new GameInformer magazine reportedly features a line which says “Miles Morales isn’t a traditional sequel, since it comes with a remastered version of Insomniac’s Spider-Man that takes full advantage of the PS5 hardware. ”

That would chime with the kind of vague throwaway comment we'd seen suggesting as much the day after the initial reveal. Definitely sounds like a logical idea, but yes it would be interesting if the standalone game could be patched in any way. It would be a bit cheeky if it wasn't (not with the Miles content of course, just the visual and presumably framerate updates you might expect). Wouldn't shock me if it was limited only to the Miles package though. It's possible the core game is changed somewhat by the presence of the Miles content. We'll have to see. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Romier S changed the title to Spider-man: Miles Morales (PS4, PS5) (Holiday 2020)

Here’s the blurb on the Spider-Man remaster included in the ultimate edition....

”The remaster for the PS5 is no simple up-res, as many of the game’s art assets have been completely updated to take advantage of the PS5 console’s horsepower. You’ll see better-looking characters with improved skin, eyes, hair, and facial animation (including our new, next-generation Peter Parker). You’ll also see ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows, improved lighting, more pedestrians and vehicles stretching further into the distance, and the same optional performance mode offered on Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, allowing you to finally play the game at a targeted 60fps frame rate. We’ll be supporting near-instant loading, 3D audio, and the DualSense controller’s haptic feedback. Lastly we’re adding three amazing new Spider-Man suits, new photo mode features, and even new trophies for those of you looking to Platinum the game all over again."

• Like 2
On 9/17/2020 at 6:42 AM, Angry the Clown said:

You'd think they'd offer existing owners a separate upgrade option, but...

On 9/17/2020 at 6:44 AM, Romier S said:

No confirmation either way as of yet. I hope they do.

Doesn't look like it's going to happen. They're treating the remaster like a separate game (to the extent that you'll have to earn all the trophies again).

• Annoyed 1

I’ll judge the effort on release. They should offer it. Even at a slight upgrade cost. I wouldn’t shit on them too much for making it available for a $10 premium for instance. But the Miles Ultimate Edition or get fucked is pretty shitty proposition for those that already owned the game.

What price is the PS4 version of Miles in the US? The only retailer to list it so far in the UK has it at £5 less than the PS5 version (£46.85 against £51.99), which is baffling because if that's reflected by other retailers I might as well save the money, get a PS4 copy and get the upgrade when I stick the disc in the PS5. 🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

What price is the PS4 version of Miles in the US? The only retailer to list it so far in the UK has it at £5 less than the PS5 version (£46.85 against £51.99), which is baffling because if that's reflected by other retailers I might as well save the money, get a PS4 copy and get the upgrade when I stick the disc in the PS5. 🤷‍♂️

Best Buy has:

PS4 - $59.99

PS5 Standard - $49.99

PS5 Ultimate - $69.99

Does the PS4 version come with the original game remastered?