Jump to content
LCVG

Spider-man: Miles Morales (PS4, PS5) (Holiday 2020)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ending spoilers for the first game....     I literally spat my drink out when I saw that. LMAO!

Jason Schreier is saying the game is Lost Legacy-ish in scope if you’re comparing to the original Spider-Man. It’s a full game but it’s shorter and a bridge to Spidey 2.  

4k/60fps "performance mode" is a go:        

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Romier S said:

- Game will feature original and licensed songs from Kid Cudi, and Jaden Smith as well as others.

 

13 hours ago, AlbertA said:

Sold

 

 

Pop Tv Ugh GIF by Big Brother After Dark

 

I've little familiarity with them outside of Spider-man contributions but that song of theirs worked well for the reveal trailer I thought (same for Smith's song in the Spider-verse end credits). 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

I think I'm going Fidelity Mode at 30fps with this. I want to see those next gen bells and whistles. 

I've never understood the preoccupation with framerate. Sure, I don't want framerate to go below 30 or be eratic, but I have no sense of why 60fps matters to the experience, and especially not 120fps. I'm not fast enough at playing fighting games, sports games, or FPS games to appreciate seeing those frames. Might it completely depend on someone's physical abilities?

 

I know that some professional athletes can see a 100mph fast ball, and HIT it. While most people can't even see it. is this related to that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's definitely a big difference, yes. That said, I don't necessarily think some of these cinematic games like Spider-man, Ratchet...etc suffer from a 30fps presentation. Where I wince is really when a game struggles to even hit 30, so I ultimately favour consistency over unlocked 30 or unlocked 60 as big dips and dropped frames are more likely to distract me above anything else.

 

With driving, sports and fighting games I feel that I would typically desire 60, but I've played some excellent driving games at 30 on consoles before. I don't really play first person shooters, but so long as there's a locked frame rate in a campaign I've never felt short changed really.

 

I'll flick between 30 and 60 as and when I see fit in the next-generation, assuming most games are good enough to give us the choice. Yakuza 7 for example, since it offers no other visual enhancements in its 4k mode, I'd feel OK playing in its 1440p/60 mode. Cross-gen games like Spider-man are likely to push me to the 30fps option so I can really take advantage of enjoying the visual upgrade over the PS4 version. 

 

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I admit that INTO THE SPIDERVERSE bothered me with its low framerate. But that was like 12 fps. It really bothered me and distracted me. I know that is a movie, not a game. But it is the one example I have where framerate bothered me.

 

If I A/B compared 30fps and 60fps I am sure I would prefer 60. But so far I haven't reacted to any game with "Damn, I wish this was 60." Maybe if it was a toggle for all games, I would start to see the light.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

While anything over 60 might be superfluous, I feel there is a MONUMENTAL difference between 30 and 60. These debates have been made before though, here even.


There is and my preference is with 60fps more often than not but all 30fps games aren’t created equal either. Much like Daniel, a well optimized 30fps title has never affected my ability to enjoy a game. In the case of Insomniac, the combination of their super high quality motion blur and their temporal injection techniques to reconstruct the image to 4K creates what is in my opinion an extremely smooth looking 30fps that’s quite pleasing. Especially with near flawless frametimes.
 

Im also going with the fidelity mode for my first run through. I want to take in all of the “pretty” available. Both the 60fps modes in this and the remaster are highly appreciated and I’ll take advantage of them in subsequent playthroughs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have the means, watch that video in 4K. Its stunning! Even with youtube compression. During the swinging segment, I'm trying my damnedest to find any evidence of LOD changes or pop-in in the background and I legit can't find anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Romier S said:

 

 

I friggin love when games do that. Skyrim, as great as it was, required huge load times every time you went through a friggin cave or door or whatever. So when games don't do that, BOING! I've been leaning toward Series X lately, but this game is the one I'm most excited about. Damn it, I might end up with both.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 8:01 AM, foogledricks said:

I've never understood the preoccupation with framerate. Sure, I don't want framerate to go below 30 or be eratic, but I have no sense of why 60fps matters to the experience, and especially not 120fps. I'm not fast enough at playing fighting games, sports games, or FPS games to appreciate seeing those frames. Might it completely depend on someone's physical abilities?

 

I know that some professional athletes can see a 100mph fast ball, and HIT it. While most people can't even see it. is this related to that.

Really? 30 to 60 fps is MASSIVE to me. Plenty of examples this generation with games offering the option in PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

I also notice the difference from 60 to 120 but it's not as pronounced - which makes sense, since in terms of time it's 8.3ms difference rather than 16.6ms. I'd be happy if 60 fps becomes the norm.

 

Every single time I will choose 60 fps. And it's also not just a matter of visuals (which for me make it more immersive) but also feel - when you have the option - 30fps feels like the character has too much extra weight - it feels kinda like when you are drunk and things slow down - that's the analogy that comes to mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 9:27 AM, foogledricks said:

I admit that INTO THE SPIDERVERSE bothered me with its low framerate. But that was like 12 fps. It really bothered me and distracted me. I know that is a movie, not a game. But it is the one example I have where framerate bothered me.

 

That's different for me. That's entirely a visual passive medium. For movies I will turn all the frame interpolation stuff in TVs... it just looks weird to me - like if you were watching a theater play rather than a movie. Perhaps it's simply because that's how we grew up, movies were 24 frames, and cheap camera stuff was usually 60i (soap operas, some TV shows, etc).  Even though now something like the hobbit in high framerate is technically superior - that feeling of watching a theater play kinda ruins the immersion for me somehow.

 

Which is weird, because for games, the higher the framerate, the more immersive it seems to me.

 

 

On 10/14/2020 at 9:27 AM, foogledricks said:

If I A/B compared 30fps and 60fps I am sure I would prefer 60. But so far I haven't reacted to any game with "Damn, I wish this was 60." Maybe if it was a toggle for all games, I would start to see the light.

Really, not even Bloodborne?

 

Though I agree with Dan - it has to be a solid 60fps experience - though I wonder how VRR changes the equation there. I don't really have a TV or monitor to play around with that - to get a sense how variable framerate without the visual artifacts (tearing) affects the feel and control.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlbertA said:

 

That's different for me. That's entirely a visual passive medium. For movies I will turn all the frame interpolation stuff in TVs... it just looks weird to me - like if you were watching a theater play rather than a movie. Perhaps it's simply because that's how we grew up, movies were 24 frames, and cheap camera stuff was usually 60i (soap operas, some TV shows, etc).  Even though now something like the hobbit in high framerate is technically superior - that feeling of watching a theater play kinda ruins the immersion for me somehow.

 

Which is weird, because for games, the higher the framerate, the more immersive it seems to me.

 

 

Really, not even Bloodborne?

 

Though I agree with Dan - it has to be a solid 60fps experience - though I wonder how VRR changes the equation there. I don't really have a TV or monitor to play around with that - to get a sense how variable framerate without the visual artifacts (tearing) affects the feel and control.

 

 

Vrr/gsync changes things considerably. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...