LCVG

Spider-man: Miles Morales (PS4, PS5) (Holiday 2020)

48 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Yeah I haven't put the console into rest mode once due to some of the scare stories, but Miles still crashed plenty of times. t's good that they have patched Spiderman Remastered but I haven't had any notification of a patch for Miles.

Crap, I forgot about this. I have put the ps5 in REST with Miles running every time.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that's a Platinum.   Interestingly that was the longest straight session I went without a crash.   My profile says that took me 19hrs of play (no idea if that includes the clo

Nothing quite as satisfying as being Spider-man again. I'm loving this. 

Ending spoilers for the first game....     I literally spat my drink out when I saw that. LMAO!

Posted Images

On 11/21/2020 at 1:29 PM, Adam Tyner said:

Same here.  I tried Performance mode in New Game+, and -- to my eyes, anyway -- it just looked wrong, and I changed back after a couple of missions.  It's not an aversion to 60fps or anything (not for someone who plays this many platformers and character action games!), but it almost looked like someone was pressing fast-forward.  Maybe it was just a different experience during the cinematic-heavy early stretches of the game -- it did feel nice when I was just swinging around -- but it just wasn't for me.

I’m the exact opposite (see my humorous post earlier about having sexual relations with ray tracing). I can happily play a game that runs at a steady 30 fps just fine. However, if I see the same game running at 60 fps, as I did when I started playing Miles Morales, then switch to the 30 fps mode, it’s ruined for me.

To me, seeing a game run at 30 fps after seeing it run at 60 is like playing it on an N64, where the best games ran at 20 fps if you were lucky. Yeah, I can see that the quality of individual frames is better, but it doesn’t feel right when it moves. I need that extra fluidity for it to be as enjoyable as possible, especially in a game like this which is all about movement, speed, swinging through the air, and snappy combat.

At the very least, these new consoles appear to have the headroom to allow for both options, depending on your preference. That is a good thing.

4 hours ago, foogledricks said:

Crap, I forgot about this. I have put the ps5 in REST with Miles running every time.

If you’re not having an issue, don’t sweat it.

Insomniac’s use or motion blur and temporal  sampling is so good that 30fps feels pretty amazing. Fidelity all the way for me and I’ll do performance on New Game +.

11 minutes ago, PackFan said:

Do I have to fire up the game on the PS4 to do this?  My PS4 is not currently plugged in...

Yes. You need to update it to the latest version and there will be an option to upload the save using the R1 button. Then open up Remastered and there will be an equivalent option to download the save file.

You can install it on the PS5 to accomplish this and then delete the PS4 version out when done.

Miles got a new patch today. Version 1.004. Includes the ability or change the time of day along with stability and performance improvements.

https://www.psu.com/news/spider-man-miles-morales-update-1-004-patch-notes-revealed-for-ps5/

Hopefully it resolves some of the crashing issues you guys saw.

I haven’t had any crash issues thankfully.

i’m playing Miles while my daughter is playing the original. I’m finding that I like some things better and some things less.

The circuit stuff, was kinda fun, and kind of a pain. Glad that’s gone. 

I find Peter to be better written, better acted, and just more charming than Miles. When playing as Miles I find the obnoxious banter to be either lacking or landing clumsily.

That being said, it is a mild difference. This game is great, Miles is charming and fun, and I too am glad to be Spider-Man again.

On 11/23/2020 at 11:00 AM, Romier S said:

Hopefully it resolves some of the crashing issues you guys saw.

I had my first crash with Miles tonight. The way it crashed was the exact same as the first time I booted up NHL 20. It’s quite annoying because it goes through the whole repair process after starting up again and then it just goes blank and I have to shut it down with the power button on the console. 

I’m starting to get into the game. The stealth and combat it pretty fun now that I’ve unlocked a few more abilities and figured out some of the stealth ( I was really not sure about that at first). The swinging is, as expected, fantastic. 

I with the use of the haptics and triggers wasn’t quite as subtle as it is though. 

32 minutes ago, Graeme said:

I had my first crash with Miles tonight. The way it crashed was the exact same as the first time I booted up NHL 20. It’s quite annoying because it goes through the whole repair process after starting up again and then it just goes blank and I have to shut it down with the power button on the console. 

Two out of the six or so crashes I had caused this continued high pitched wince inducing "bbzzzzzzzzttttttttttt" from the audio when it froze and then crashed the system. Those were the most unnerving. I must have played for a good 5hrs straight on Sunday in New Game Plus without a hitch though. The crashes in the game are so random and I wonder if that's what's taking Insomniac so long to figure out the root cause because I found that they always occurred at different times, with no discernible link between what was happening in game (whether it was a cut scene, whether I was swinging, fighting two enemies or fighting a dozen).

Also, the loss of data I had when one of the crashes caused a cloud sync error with my save was likely my fault. When I got the notification about the cloud sync error I continued playing, assuming it was a server bug and something that would fix itself in time. I realised at a later point that I could in fact click the error notification and re-sync, only I think I automatically assumed it would sync from my local save to the cloud, but it seemed to do the reverse and replace my local save with the cloud save prior to the crash that caused error, which was of course a couple of hours behind in the progress I had since made with my local save.

I'm assuming there is an option to either sync local >> cloud, or cloud >> local when this happens and my dyslexia may have thrown me off in misreading the instructions. My point, should this happen to anyone else, obviously is just to be careful and pay close attention to whatever options it is offering you to re-sync. 

Again, that it happened forcing me to replay the final act of the game didn't actually leave me frustrated as that final act is so satisfying and engaging. So I got lucky there and can say that I completed this two and a half times now. :)

Another patch was released tonight:

Spider-Man Miles Morales Update PS5 (1.005) and PS4 (1.05) Release Notes

General Fixes & Polish

• Fixed various issues where the screen could go black while changing Time of Day
  • Fixed an issue where players could not change Suits in Photo Mode
  • Fixed an issue where the weather did not change correctly when selected by the player
  • Improved stability

Was stable for me tonight playing after it updated. **Knocks on wood**