LCVG

Returnal [PS5] - latest from Housmarque - Coming April 30th, 2021

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just taking a quick, informal poll here. How many of you who are playing this game right now want to punch Romier in his fucking face? 😃

That's it. I'm never preordering a game again.   Except for Ratchet.   ...and Forbidden West.   ...and Kena.   but other than that NEVER AGAIN

How to get a good run going in Returnal from Biome 1   1. Take your time and explore. Understand what type of room you are entering before you go in and use your mini-map and standard map to

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Watching the Gameinformer stream has me hyped as fuck. Unwavering 60fps, Housemarque’s signature tight gameplay, serious Lovecraft vibe with Metroid Prime intermixed on the art direction front, and an intriguing story to boot. April 30th can’t get here soon enough.

Ok I skipped the story parts of the intro,  but watched several minutes of gameplay. Looks freaking great. 

3 hours ago, Romier S said:

Watching the Gameinformer stream has me hyped as fuck. Unwavering 60fps, Housemarque’s signature tight gameplay, serious Lovecraft vibe with Metroid Prime intermixed on the art direction front, and an intriguing story to boot. April 30th can’t get here soon enough.

“Tight” is a good way to describe their style, and this does look super refined. Seems like an incredibly high-paced game, which appeals to me a lot. Even if I expect to struggle. If its curve is anything like Nex Machina’s, which is very difficult, but rewards the “one more time” addiction it inspires, then I may get decent if I get obsessed with it and practice a lot.

Kind of sounds like the crash-die-repeat storyline is almost built around that kind of gameplay. 

I’m beyond conflicted.  So much of Returnal has this irresistible siren song hold over me — how could it not? — and yet I know myself well enough that a rogue-lite with this level of difficulty is destined to frustrate me in ways I never dreamt possible!  I wish I had the patience, persistence, and temperament, but alas...