LCVG

Sackboy: A Big Adventure [PS5/PS4]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just ordered this from Amazon with the excuse that I need to make sure the drive works in the new PS5.   

And done!     Well, mostly done. I did manage to beat all the single-player levels, including collecting all the gold trophies, prizes, Dreamer Orbs, and Aces (i.e. finish the lev

I enjoyed this a great deal. It was the perfect slice of fluff to play over the festive period.The music, from the original stuff, to the licensed stuff, and the remixes and fresh takes of known songs

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

I thought I'd try and approach it the same way, but while I am trying to get as much as I can on the first run I'm loving the levels so much that I'm happy to go back and replay them to get things I missed. I keep anticipating what the next level will be so I can't resist the temptation to dive in.

Ain’t nothing wrong with that approach either. I will admit that it took quite a bit of discipline to stick with that plan and get everything in each level before moving on. It meant that I would often have to replay the same level multiple times, slowing down my progress through the adventure. The worst were the auto-scroll levels where you have to ride some sort of vehicle while collecting orbs. I probably replayed those levels more than any other. One mistake and I could easily lose a life, meaning I’d have to start from the beginning again, and since they’re auto-scrolling, you can speed run your way through them like you can the other levels.

By far, the hardest to get was the last one, “Little Big Finale.” There’s really no way to get get the gold trophy unless you beat it without dying and collecting as much as you can. It made getting through it a bit of a slog. When I finally did get it though, it felt really good. And since I had completed all the other levels prior to that (minus the co-op ones and the final Knitted Knight Trial), it had a sense of finality about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed this a great deal. It was the perfect slice of fluff to play over the festive period.The music, from the original stuff, to the licensed stuff, and the remixes and fresh takes of known songs was an absolute delight. 

I think I've just about acquired as many of the trophies that I feel compelled to get. I really don't like it when multiplayer trophies are part of the core and not separated, at least in instances like this one when there's just so many mp ones to get. I've two more levels to survive without dying on in order to get the Ace 30 levels trophy, but I'm not massively interested in going after any more after that. I've got my money's worth I think.