LCVG

Demon’s Souls remake from Bluepoint (PS5) - Confirmed LAUNCH title.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Romier S changed the title to Demon’s Souls remake from Bluepoint (PS5) - Confirmed LAUNCH title.
20 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

So I never played this game.  But I adore Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. Is this release just a nostalgic play? Or will the gameplay hold up?

It will hold up. If you liked those games, I don’t see how you dislike this one. Though the combat isn’t as agile as the two games you mentioned. It’s more Dark Souls 1 speed.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news! You can pay even more for this!

Digital Deluxe Edition ($90/£90/€100) features:

• Full game
  • Legendary Hero Soul
  • Renowned Warrior Soul
  • Storied Warrior Soul
  • Red-Eye Knight Armor
  • Boletarian Royalty Armor
  • Ritual Blade
  • Hoplite Shield
  • Ring of Longevity
  • Preservation Grains
  • Phosphorescent Grains
  • Bearbug Grains
  • Large Hardstone Shard
  • Moonlightstone Shard
  • Original soundtrack

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/demons-souls/

1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

Good news! You can pay even more for this!

Digital Deluxe Edition ($90/£90/€100) features:

• Full game
  • Legendary Hero Soul
  • Renowned Warrior Soul
  • Storied Warrior Soul
  • Red-Eye Knight Armor
  • Boletarian Royalty Armor
  • Ritual Blade
  • Hoplite Shield
  • Ring of Longevity
  • Preservation Grains
  • Phosphorescent Grains
  • Bearbug Grains
  • Large Hardstone Shard
  • Moonlightstone Shard
  • Original soundtrack

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/demons-souls/

Yeah, digital deluxe versions like that have been pretty standard for Sony for practically every major release this gen.

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/2020/10/29/21539158/demons-souls-ps5-remake-changes-sixth-archstone-world-tendency

Everything that was in the original PlayStation 3 version is in the standard edition of the game,” Moore said, when asked about new items and equipment coming to Demon’s Souls as part of the game’s digital deluxe edition. “So nobody’s missing out on anything. There’s a lot of new content that we’ve added to the game and for fans to find and enjoy. And there are lots of things that I think fans are going to go, ‘Oh, that’s amazing. Great. You know, I didn’t know they put that in the game.’ I’m not going to tell you any more than that, because [I don’t want] to spoil anything.”

One change that will affect players’ encumbrance — aka how much stuff their character can carry — is how much healing grass they can hold. In the original Demon’s Souls, players could carry hundreds of healing grasses with them and suffer no real penalty. In the remake, players will have a more limited supply, and more powerful grasses (like Full Moon Grass) will weigh more than less effective grasses. Those changes should help balance the game’s difficulty and improve player-versus-player battles, where fans could quickly consume vast amounts of healing items, dragging out multiplayer brawls.

Moore explained: “We did two different modes in the game: cinematic mode which is a native 4K, which looks stunning, at 30 frames per second; and performance mode, so you can play a dynamic 4K at 60 frames per second. That is going to give you smoother animation is going to give you a little of that edge [in combat].”

2 minutes ago, kelley said:

It looks good, I also know I'll never play it because it'll be way too fucking hard.

If even I'm willing to give it a try someday you've no excuse. :)   It was actually a somewhat late PS+ title on PS3 (at least in the UK) not long before the PS4 launched so I never really had a chance to give up any time to it. I did quite like what I played though, and I think being the first of the Souls games may perhaps mean its the most accessible. I'm a long way from purchasing it, but I definitely will (there's only so much money I'm willing to part with to be made to feel deliberately miserable and a complete failure in life when I can largely feel that way for free anyway). 

From the Washington Post article published recently....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/video-games/ps-5-release-games-features/

Immersion doesn’t end with sensory feedback. “Demon’s Souls,” a famously punishing game, will make use of the PS5′s activities UI, which offers helpful tips regarding certain tasks. Moore says there are over 180 videos, each with increasing levels of visibility into what’s needed to complete portions of the game, available via the interface. Stumped? Now you don’t even have to leave the screen.