LCVG

Xbox or Game issue?

Kain rising

I'm having a weird issue with Links (and only Links so far) - I put the disk in and the game starts to boot, but as soon as the first screen comes up, it flashes over into another screen that says "The disk may be damaged or dirty" (and something about not being able to save). It's not a Xbox OS message as far as I can see, since the message is being generated by the game itself (has a picture of a golf course in the background, nicely formatted message, etc).

Anyone had anything similar happen? Or have any thoughts about whether it is a game issue, or some new variety of the DDE? I'm hoping it's just a game problem, and will be trying to exchange it tonight.

Originally posted by Bryan@Jan 8 2004, 11:04 AM

I saw the same message last Sunday. No idea what caused it and I haven't seen it again.

Do you have a Thompson DVD Drive in your Xbox? I know I have one, and I'm starting to think that it is the reason for the message I am getting. I exchanged Links for a new copy and am still getting the same message. :x

Originally posted by Kain rising+Jan 9 2004, 02:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kain rising @ Jan 9 2004, 02:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bryan@Jan 8 2004, 11:04 AM

I saw the same message last Sunday. No idea what caused it and I haven't seen it again.

Do you have a Thompson DVD Drive in your Xbox? I know I have one, and I'm starting to think that it is the reason for the message I am getting. I exchanged Links for a new copy and am still getting the same message. :x [/b]

You have cleared the cache drives, right?

I've got that message before as well, a couple of times, but not often enough for it to be a problem. I have a Thomson drive too.

Originally posted by Buck@Jan 9 2004, 01:12 PM

You have cleared the cache drives, right?

I've got that message before as well, a couple of times, but not often enough for it to be a problem. I have a Thomson drive too.

Is clearing the cache where you load up three games and then try the game again? If so, yup, tried that last night, but it didn't help. Also tried a basic CD cleaner in the drive as well. This is the only game I've gotten this message on. My only thought is whether it could just be a problem with my drive and this particular batch of Links discs.