LCVG

Astro's Playroom Announced (Comes Preloaded on all PS5's)

• Romier S changed the title to Astro's Playroom Announced (Comes Preloaded on all PS5's)

I just finished this a few minutes ago. It really is the perfect pack-in game. It shows off all of the functions of the DualSense while presenting a really fun and laid back platformer with gorgeous visuals. It also happens to be a total love letter to all things PlayStation. Every bit of it is dripping with Easter eggs and artifacts. By the time your done, you’re lab will have four generations worth of PlayStation hardware for you to gawk at. The models are of super high quality too!

It took me about four hours to finish all four worlds and find everything. I’d highly recommend it as your first full playthrough experience. It’s well worth your time!

I’m a sucker for platformers. This was a great idea by Sony to not just have made a demo level but a nice short game.

The most impressive haptic wise was the machine gun with the adaptive triggers and how it simulates a little kickback. Also the feel difference between floor surfaces especially the ice. It’s a great demo of the possibilities.

I just finished the platinum and add on trophies this morning.

On 11/13/2020 at 12:52 AM, Romier S said:

I just finished this a few minutes ago. It really is the perfect pack-in game. It shows off all of the functions of the DualSense while presenting a really fun and laid back platforms with gorgeous visuals. It also happens to be a total love letter to all things PlayStation. Every bit of is dripping with Easter eggs and artifacts. By the time your done, you’re lab will have four generations worth of PlayStation hardware for you to gawk at. The models are of super high quality too!

It took me about four hours to finish all four worlds and find everything. I’d highly recommend it as your first full playthrough experience. It’s well worth your time!

The different game scenes through the level were a hoot. And yeah the PS models are so detailed with even working buttons, lights and sounds - pretty cool looking.

I am so head over heels in love with this game (especially, yes, the GPU song).  Here's hoping it's just the first of the Astro Bot games on the PS5. 

Beyond being my first platinum on the PS5 (which, sure, isn't exactly grueling), I even felt compelled to try to get the bonus trophies, including the speed running one -- something that I'd normally never even attempt, let alone achieve.

7 minutes ago, Adam Tyner said:

I am so head over heels in love with this game (especially, yes, the GPU song).  Here's hoping it's just the first of the Astro Bot games on the PS5. 

Beyond being my first platinum on the PS5 (which, sure, isn't exactly grueling), I even felt compelled to try to get the bonus trophies, including the speed running one -- something that I'd normally never even attempt, let alone achieve.

If you liked this, Astro Bot Rescue Mission (PSVR) is more of the same, but a LOT LOT more. It's seriously one of my favorite games of all time. Super creative just like this.

Played through this last night. 

You know, it’s funny. My initial reaction to both this and Rescue Mission were mild disappointment. I guess in both cases I was expecting my brain to melt or something. In the case of Playroom, the haptics seemed much more subtle than I was expecting and didn’t feel like the life changing, generation defining feature I was “promised”. 

But that quickly fades away and I realize that this is a fantastic experience, a complete love letter to Sony, with some really clever tricks to show off the new hardware.

Oh, and we get another ear worm of a song to add to my Astrobot playlist. 

I love it, and really hope we see more from Astro in the near future. 

My guess is that we may get a flat screen port of Rescue Mission with PS5 haptics, and then, hopefully, a full sequel. 

5 hours ago, boogieman said:

Thanks. I was drawing a blank at the bot with the cone. 

Spoiler

The Silent Hill 2 one? That really had me laughing. Easily one of my favourite references in there.

I also got a giggle out of the Fat Princess one when I found it. I love how obscure some of the choices are.

20 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

I just have the speed run trophy to get and then I'll have the Platinum. 

You definitely need a guide to find out what some of the obscure hidden trophies are.

I just clicked on the trophies option to show me the hidden title and found them on my own :) that’s part of the fun of trophy hunting.