LCVG

EA Play 2020

dogbert

Not a lot of Next Gen stuff actually. A trailer for Madden/FIFA and someone talking about next gen with some clips. 

Seems like the big focus was on promoting their newfound dedication to Cross Play and releasing PC games on Steam, which is good. 

Squadrons looks good and Skate 4 was finally announced. 

If you want to enter for a chance to win an old game on Steam, you can do so at https://playr.gg/ea  The secret code is EAPLAYLIVE. 

Yeah, it was a weird one. I wonder if there are projects they'd have shown or given more time to at a 'proper' conference - Madden/FIFA etc? Cause this had a lot of time spent on not headline projects. If this is what we could expect from Ubi/Beth etc, I'm glad they skipped. 

Bring on Devolver!

On 6/19/2020 at 8:17 AM, Angry the Clown said:

Is there much going around the Ubi rumour mill?

The only rumors I remember hearing is that we’ll see something about Far Cry 6 for the first time, and that Ubi recently registered princeofpersia6.com.

I’m not expecting much in the way of seismic reveals, but they have so many games we know are coming and haven’t really seen much of that there’s still a lot to look forward to.

• 1 month later...

That Rocket Arena game they showed at this event, which release just a few weeks ago has been slashed in price already. The Mythic edition is $10 and the regular is $5. I saw the physical Mythic edition on sale at Best Buy for $10 also. 

I guess their model of charging a premium for the game and then also having in game transactions like Overwatch, isn’t working.