LCVG

Crash Bandicoot 4 “It’s About Time” leaks... (PS4, XB1) - PS5/XSX and Switch versions coming (free upgrades)

Romier S

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Romier S said:

Hopefully this leads to Toys for Bob resurrecting Spyro. The Spyro trilogy remaster was a blast From them and I’d love a new game in that series a little more than Crash, frankly.

Yes, as I've written before I never really took to Crash so was surprised how much I actually like the look of the new one. I did have affection for Spyro however, and I actually plan to get the Crash/Spyro bundle on the PS Store sometime when it's on sale as it's been as low as £29 before which is a steal for that much content. It will also give me an opportunity to give Crash another chance as I actually do like the look of It's About Time, but feel it's only right to play the others first. 

No word on next-gen patches or dedicated releases for either PS5 or Series X sadly, no. As the Digital Foundry video notes however, in theory both platforms should lock the game in at 60fps without the minor dips seen on the mid-gen systems via way of their native "boosts," but 1080 is as good as it'll get on the resolution front short of a patch/next-gen version.  

I really thought some of these late generation games might have patches for the new consoles in the works (Crash, Tony Hawk's, Squadrons...etc), but sadly not. 

Played through the first 5-6 levels to get a taste. It’s very much Crash Bandicoot and builds on the work done for the remasters. The image quality is a little soft on the X but it kind of works with the cartoon design of the game. Otherwise, it improves upon the visuals in the remasters by a good bit and the level design has been enjoyable with plenty of callbacks to the previous games and some rather challenging bonus levels.

I only wanted to sample the game as I don’t plan on immediately playing it but I felt I needed to support a new (quality) Crash game and I’m quite eager to dig in after I finish up Little Nightmare and Squadrons.

• Romier S changed the title to Crash Bandicoot 4 “It’s About Time” leaks... (PS4, XB1) - PS5/XSX and Switch versions coming (free upgrades)

PS5/XSX/Switch versions coming March 12th!

• Native 4K60fps on PS5 and Xbox Series X
  • Upscaled 4K on Xbox Series S
  • SSD optimized load times on PS5 and Series X
  • Xbox Series versions feature Smart Delivery
  • Now on the go on Nintendo Switch
  • Coming later this year to Battle.Net on PC, alongside other announcements
  • PS5 version takes advantage of adaptive triggers and activity cards in particular
  • PS4->PS5 and XBO -> XSS/XSS upgrade is entirely free of charge (players with disk copies will need the disk-drive version of their console)
  • PS5 and XSX/XSS versions available at $59.99, pre-orders open soon
  • NSW and PC versions available at $39.99, pre-orders open now

That's fantastic. I plan to work through the trilogy on PS+ first, but I'm keen to play About Time. Pleasantly surprised it will be a free upgrade for those who already own it too. I wonder if they'd do the same for Tony Hawk's? With Vicarious Visions smooshed into Blizzard my assumption would have to be no. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/2/2020 at 9:59 AM, Romier S said:

Hopefully this leads to Toys for Bob resurrecting Spyro. The Spyro trilogy remaster was a blast From them and I’d love a new game in that series a little more than Crash, frankly.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2021-04-30-activision-puts-crash-bandicoot-4-dev-toys-for-bob-on-call-of-duty-warzone-development-duty

Toys for Bob is now working on……. supporting Call of Duty Warzone development. 

EA shuts down studios, Activision just makes everyone a support studio for Call of Duty. 

This statement seems crazy:

It seems the majority of Activision's studios are now working on Call of Duty. Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Sledgehammer, Raven, Beenox, High Moon and now Toys for Bob all contribute to the mega franchise.