LCVG

Xbox Game Pass Thread (Console and PC) — More Games Than You Could Ever Hope to Play

JFo

Another article about this from the Verge. 

As someone who doesn’t have a XSX yet, I’m curious what would be a better experience for playing something like, say, Psychonauts 2. Streaming, or on a One S?

I wish I could be confident that the Yakuza series would stick around on Game Pass long enough for me to shift my entire play through over from PS to Xbox and get through it all. I can't imagine that Judgement will be too far behind Like a Dragon in making it onto the service (feels almost guaranteed before the year is out). 

• 2 weeks later...

Games leaving at the end of the month:

• Battle Chasers: Nightwar (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Mistover (PC)
  • Monster Hunter World (Cloud and Console)
  • Out of the Park Baseball 21 (PC)
  • Outer Wilds (Cloud and Console)
  • Soulcalibur VI (Console)
  • The Messenger (Cloud, Console, and PC)

I'm kind of surprised that Outer Wilds isn't sticking around.  I didn't like it as much as many people did, but it's definitely worth a look if you haven't played it. 

1 hour ago, ChrisBardon said:

Games leaving at the end of the month:

I'm kind of surprised that Outer Wilds isn't sticking around.  I didn't like it as much as many people did, but it's definitely worth a look if you haven't played it. 

Yeah, I’m glad I got a chance to play it on Game Pass. I gave it a good solid try, based on good word-of-mouth, but it never really hooked me. It was too open-ended and not focused enough for me to get into it.

So I tried this out today. I was at work so it was using cellular on my iPhone. Under those conditions, it was rough. Jumped into Yakuza first. That played alright, it was cool to see my saves just be there with nothing to do on my end. But it went completely downhill from there. I couldn’t get Forza to go, it just kept telling me there was unusually high traffic. I tried two other games, and while they connected, they were basically a slide show and just unplayable. Obviously connection is everything, and the cellular service at my store can be spotty, so hopefully I have better results trying it elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

So I tried this out today. I was at work so it was using cellular on my iPhone. Under those conditions, it was rough. Jumped into Yakuza first. That played alright, it was cool to see my saves just be there with nothing to do on my end. But it went completely downhill from there. I couldn’t get Forza to go, it just kept telling me there was unusually high traffic. I tried two other games, and while they connected, they were basically a slide show and just unplayable. Obviously connection is everything, and the cellular service at my store can be spotty, so hopefully I have better results trying it elsewhere.

Jesus, I thought someone would report how it played on a wired fios connection and Paul’s running Forza on his toaster over a 14.4 modem.

Gang Beasts, Immortal Realms, Limbo, Bug Fables + Going Under are all added. 

Bug Fables is supposed to be a well done RPG inspired by Paper Mario The Thousand Yard Door. Going Under is a dungeon crawler with a really well done satirical FAANG internship meta layer. 

• 3 weeks later...