LCVG

Xbox Game Pass Thread (Console and PC) — More Games Than You Could Ever Hope to Play

JFo

On 7/2/2021 at 6:35 AM, JFo said:

I don’t know who here hasn’t played Limbo yet, but it’s one of my favorite games of all time, and you should definitely play it, if you have not already.

Agreed. 

3 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Leaving soon are:

• It Lurks Below
  • The Touryst
  • UnderMine

I've done nothing with The Touryst beyond booting it up to admire how pretty it is. How Log t Beat has it down as around 5hrs in length so I'll try to get that done before it goes.

Well worth a playthrough. It's a very straightforward 1000/1000, too and none of its side content is a slog or difficult. It's an wonderfully relaxing game to play.

1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

Yes! That and the surfing one are really trying my patience. 

The surfing one was the one that took the longest for me as well. I did eventually get through it, but it was not easy for me.

14 minutes ago, JFo said:

The surfing one was the one that took the longest for me as well. I did eventually get through it, but it was not easy for me.

It's very California Games in its implementation, IMO. So it takes a bit of time to get used to when the speed kicks up and when to finally go for the 540. It took me a few tries as well. It's definitely the worse controlling of the mini-games.

Been making my way thru Last Stop, a narrative adventure from the makers of Virginia. There are 3 separate stories, 6 chapters each that intertwine, light on gameplay. I’m 3 chapters done with each story, and really enjoying it. I’d say check it out if you like this sort of game, it’s maybe 6 hours.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Been making my way thru Last Stop, a narrative adventure from the makers of Virginia. There are 3 separate stories, 6 chapters each that intertwine, light on gameplay. I’m 3 chapters done with each story, and really enjoying it. I’d say check it out if you like this sort of game, it’s maybe 6 hours.

I've heard good things about Last Stop. Too many games...

I'm really excited to try out Hades. It might not be my type of game (Rogue-lites/likes are real hit-or-miss for me), but that's the beauty of Game Pass. I can try it out and not have to worry about throwing money away on something I end up not liking. Also, it's be fun to check out the Katamari Damacy Reroll. I wonder if that would be one my kids would like...

Anyway, I just bought another year of Game Pass Ultimate. I have a friend who was able to get me hooked up with a 50% discount, which was pretty sweet. I'm good now until the beginning of 2023.

3 hours ago, JFo said:

I'm really excited to try out Hades. It might not be my type of game (Rogue-lites/likes are real hit-or-miss for me), but that's the beauty of Game Pass. I can try it out and not have to worry about throwing money away on something I end up not liking. Also, it's be fun to check out the Katamari Damacy Reroll. I wonder if that would be one my kids would like...

I was in the same boat as you I think. In every way. Let me just say that this game got progressively easy and more fun every time I played. So don’t give up. It gets better. And there is a feature that increases your defense every time you die. Turn that on.

6 hours ago, JFo said:

Anyway, I just bought another year of Game Pass Ultimate. I have a friend who was able to get me hooked up with a 50% discount, which was pretty sweet. I'm good now until the beginning of 2023.

Yeah, if you happen to know a Microsoft employee, a year of Game Pass Ultimate is $90, I think.

Anyone know a MS employee? 😃

29 minutes ago, dogbert said:

Yeah, if you happen to know a Microsoft employee, a year of Game Pass Ultimate is $90, I think.

He did say something about “the company store”, so that is probably it.