LCVG

Xbox Game Pass Thread (Console and PC) — More Games Than You Could Ever Hope to Play

JFo

24 minutes ago, ChrisBardon said:

That was fast on squadrons.  Almost glad I didn't buy it already?  I had the demo and hadn't gotten around to it  yet.

Squadrons is a really interesting one. It seemed to launch above EA's expectations, but was nevertheless discounted in sales mere weeks after its release and then showing up regularly in subsequent sales. I really need to put more time into it as it's terrific. 

I don't suppose it's too shocking that they're holding Fifa 21 back from EA Play for the time being. 

37 minutes ago, Romier S said:

I own them all, yeah. Hey, good for those that don’t though and I’ll happily save time not having to put in a disc if I don’t have to.

What’s a disc? 🤓

1 hour ago, ChrisBardon said:

Wasn't Doom Eternal already on there?  Either way, it's on the backlog already (hopefully it gets a series X patch soon).  Doom 2016 strangely absent though. 

A few already were, yes. Pretty sure Doom 2016 was on it in the past.

9 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Yes, Doom was there in 2018 I believe along with Rage. I wonder what's keeping the likes of Doom 2016, Rage and Evil Within 2 taking up permanent residency on Game Pass just yet.

All I can think of is wanting to hold a release back for another dry spell, or doing some updates for things like FPS boost?  Doom 2016 at 120 FPS?

54 minutes ago, dogbert said:

Another day, another game drop. I didn't even know Octopath Traveller was coming (or least, if I did know, I forgot), been wanting to try that. 

Same-this is the first I'd heard of it being on anything other than Switch.  It was definitely on my radar before, so I'll probably check it out at some point. 

It's been a long time since we got any Game Pass announcements. 

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/17/ea-play-coming-to-pc-for-xbox-game-pass/

We’re excited to share with you that starting tomorrow, March 18 at 2:00 p.m. PT, Xbox Game Pass PC and Ultimate members will be able to enjoy all the benefits of EA Play on Windows 10, including:
  • More than 60 of EA’s biggest and best PC games like Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, FIFA 20, Titanfall 2 and Need for Speed Heat, as well as titles from some of EA’s most popular franchises like BattlefieldMadden NFL, Command & Conquer, and The Sims.
  • Rewards each month from your favorite EA games. March rewards include: Gold Team Fantasy MUT packs and an EA Play Celebration Pack for Madden 21, a N7 Weapon Charm for Apex Legends and more.
  • And starting on day one of EA Play on PC with Xbox Game Pass, members can play the new-to-Play List title Star Wars: Squadrons on PC and console. Master the art of starfighter combat in the authentic piloting experience, feel the adrenaline of first-person multiplayer space dogfights alongside your squadron, and buckle up in a thrilling Star Wars story.

Sounds like you're linking your Xbox account with EA's account system, and then use the new replacement for Origins. Interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

I can't take all these announcements of things I want to play that may well be gone from Game Pass by the time I have a Series X, damn it.

@Angry the Clowndon't look at this list - these were the games shown in the ID@Xbox show that were listed for Game Pass, some of which we knew already, I'm sure: 

Art of the Rally (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
Astria Ascending (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
Backbone (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
Boyfriend Dungeon (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & PC)
Craftopia (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & PC)
Dead Static Drive (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & PC)
Edge of Eternity (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
Hello Neighbor 2 (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
Library of Ruina (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
Little Witch in the Woods (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
Moonglow Bay Recompile (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Xbox Cloud Gaming, & PC)
Narita Boy (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
Nobody Saves the World (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
Omno (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
Recompile (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Xbox Cloud Gaming, & PC)
Sable (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & PC)
She Dreams Elsewhere (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & PC)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (Xbox Series X|S Optimized & PC)
The Ascent (Xbox Series X|S Optimized, Xbox One, Xbox Cloud Gaming, & PC)
Undungeon (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Xbox Cloud Gaming, & PC)
Way to the Woods (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
Wild at Heart (Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One)