LCVG

Rock Fans

Josh

If you like modern rock, especially of the Smiths, Radiohead, and/or Coldplay variety, go pick up this album NOW if you can find it (I found it on Amazon for $1.50):

Artist: Gene

Album: Drawn To The Deepend

Label: Polydor

Year: 1997

Gene's one of my favorite bands of all time, but for some reason I never picked this one up. It's easily their best, and easily one of the best rock albums in years. Up there with The Bends, IMO.

Originally posted by secretvampire@Jan 8 2004, 11:48 AM

Saw them a couple of nights at the Troubadour in Los Angeles two years back for the taping of their live album/DVD "Rising For Sunset". Great shows!

Ahh, picked up that CD as well finally. I've had "To See The Lights" and "Olympian" for years, but I'm finally getting around to filling in their discography.

Yeah, if I see it for $1.14 like I did with this one, I'll probably still grab it.

I've also been catching up on my British punk rock, like GBH, The Exploited, The Adicts, and the Toy Dolls. It's good to hear that stuff again - some of the stuff (especially The Adicts) was recorded surprisingly well and the new pressings reflect that.