LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Graeme

Links to posts not working?

It seems like there might be an issue with the forum generating links to posts. Usually a link in a notification or for going to the latest unread post in a thread takes you to the correct comment. Right now the links are going to the right page, but there doesn’t appear to be a comment id/number in the URL

For example this link in my notifications:

https://www.lcvg.com/topic/15858-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/page/10/?tab=comments

should be going to:

https://www.lcvg.com/topic/15858-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/?do=findComment&comment=617343

Yeah I’ve noticed that when I click the button to take you to first unread post it just takes you to the top of the most recent page. 

I noticed this if I click on a like or quote notification too. It takes me to the top of the page rather than the actual post (it's doing this in Safari on both MacOS and iOS)

I have this problem on my iPad/Safari, but it's working fine on desktop/Chrome.

On 7/18/2020 at 1:52 PM, Eldorado said:

Yeah I’ve noticed that when I click the button to take you to first unread post it just takes you to the top of the most recent page. 

I've been noticing the same thing when I click to see a new post in a thread, it just takes me to the top of that page. I don't think this is anything we've done, but I also don't see a bug with Invision. Will try to see what's up. 

I sent a bug report in and their first suggestion was to clear cache and try again which didn't work. I let them know it looked like a Safari issues and multiple people were seeing it. The response:

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release. 

While this request will show as "solved" and I do not currently have an ETA for resolution of the bug, rest assured it will be addressed. You may check the release notes in each release to see if a particular issue has been addressed. 

If you encounter any further issues, please do not hesitate to open a new request. Thank you again for your report. 

Also, I use Brave, a chrome derivative, on my iPhone and PC.  Going to first post works on PC, but not on mobile.  

• Like 1

I’ve also found that whatever happened fixed the issue where, if say, a thread had a lot of pics it would jump around like mad until they all loaded. Usually not ending up at the most recent post. Now it stays right there. So far. The theme park thread was a good example. 

Then also when I go back a page the list will properly update as to what has been read. It wasn’t before. 

This is all on mobile. Pc was typically fine on all fronts. 

On 7/23/2020 at 4:31 PM, Eldorado said:

I’ve also found that whatever happened fixed the issue where, if say, a thread had a lot of pics it would jump around like mad until they all loaded. Usually not ending up at the most recent post. Now it stays right there. So far. The theme park thread was a good example. 

Ah yeah that was annoying me too, but I didn't know it was even fixable and hadn't thought about it too much. Glad to hear that cleared up as well.