LCVG

New Links Tournament

Guest Bryan

LCVG Tour 3

PW: 1318260

I know XSN is crappy now, but at least it will give everyone a chance to play some single player on Live. It kind of makes it Live Aware...

Bryan

I am very disappointed in my 2nd round showing. +3. It seemed to me the wind played a greater role here, despite being calm. There were a couple of holes where the ball just sailed away on 4 mph. I also had a LOT of lip-outs on short putts. Grrr.

NO MORE MULLIGANS! I keep forgetting I have one, then I feel like twice the fool when I don't use it.

NO MORE MULLIGANS! I keep forgetting I have one, then I feel like twice the fool when I don't use it.

Well, thanks for pointing it out to me, I certainly would have overlooked the Mulligans.

Of course I probably will still overlook'em and feel like a fool in the end too. :oops:

Originally posted by Bruce B@Jan 12 2004, 08:02 PM

Just played the first round and got "There was a problem with your stats and they wont update" or some nonsense like that. Oh well.

Yeah, a couple of us (Jorux, Datatox and I) have had the same problem, occasionally. Not a good sign! :x

Okay, is nobody but me and Ruffneck's dad (InLikeFlynn) playing this tourney, or is everyone having stats problems? I just played two Round 3's, neither of which were able to be updated. On my first try, I was getting slammed with some very questionable trajectories, but with the help of some also very questionable 40' putts, I was able to fight back to -4 for the round. "Problem with stats." Okay, try again. Now I'm starting to question the nature of videogame physics, since the wild stroke problems on my first try are duplicated again on those same holes. This time it's not giving me those forty-footers, and in fact there seems to have a wholesale change in gravitation and I end up with a +6. "Problem with stats." WTF?

Originally posted by adamsappel@Jan 16 2004, 09:38 PM

Okay, is nobody but me and Ruffneck's dad (InLikeFlynn) playing this tourney, or is everyone having stats problems? I just played two Round 3's, neither of which were able to be updated. On my first try, I was getting slammed with some very questionable trajectories, but with the help of some also very questionable 40' putts, I was able to fight back to -4 for the round. "Problem with stats." Okay, try again. Now I'm starting to question the nature of videogame physics, since the wild stroke problems on my first try are duplicated again on those same holes. This time it's not giving me those forty-footers, and in fact there seems to have a wholesale change in gravitation and I end up with a +6. "Problem with stats." WTF?

No, Datatox, Jorux, and I are still coordinating when we can all play together, before the deadline date. We'll be doing it soon.

I'm holding off until the patch is released. I heard it was in final testing and should be out by the end of the month.

This may not be a bad idea for me since the deadline to play all rounds is not until the middle of February. I could always use more practice, especially with the conditions chosen for the 4 rounds being what they are.