LCVG

Balan Wonderworld - New game from Yuji Naka (Xbox One, Series X, PS4, PS5, Switch and PC) - March 26th 2021

Romier S

3 hours ago, Graeme said:

This trailer feels like it’s for a direct to video Disney sequel that nobody wanted. 

I'm a Nights and Billy Hatcher fan and I want this. :) 

I do suspect that its appeal will not be particularly wide reaching though.

It was revealed during the pre-show which may be why you missed it.

24 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

It was revealed during the pre-show which may be why you missed it.

Oh, that must be. I saw the part where they were talking to the two creatives but I guess missed the actual game trailer. 

My comment was not really directed at the game at all (although I did have some reaction to it) but more the trailer itself. The music (especially the song at the end), the voiceover, the wink at the end, and mostly the “Every moment is an adventure” text at the end just smacked of a 2nd rate Disney trailer, or an animated movie you’ve never heard of trying to be Disney. 

I half expected it to say “Coming soon the VHS and DisneyDVD”. 

• 1 month later...
  • Angry the Clown changed the title to Balan Wonderworld - New game from Yuji Naka (Xbox One, Series X, PS4, PS5, Switch and PC) - March 26th 2021
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Graeme said:

So this is out.... apparently it isn’t good. 

Its a PS2 platformer in 2021. If you are good with that sensibility, it may click. John at DF likes it quite a bit, in fact because of that. I’m not willing to pay full price to find out.:)

A lot of times that these things where a song sounds similar come up, I’m usually in the “it’s similar but only kinda. It’s probably just a coincidence ” camp. 

That’s not even close. It’s the same music. 

I change my stance. Go buy a physical copy now before this game gets pulled and just put it away somewhere. 

• 2 weeks later...

This game is on sale already. I’m tempted to pick it up out of curiosity. 

With a game like this, it’s a game of waiting till it gets low enough to justify it vs waiting too long and it just disappears from store shelves.