LCVG

The neon fueled hotline miami inspired electronic synth music thread from the future

I've been meaning to make this thread for 2-3 years after getting into a conversation on Discord after E3 with @Romier S one of those years about music similar to the Hotline Miami soundtrack.

Here are some of my current favorites. I'll dig through my older favs later.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1AWHIMK1YKJoOGD13t0OeW?si=AqzXze82RgyuYAlNMNrVjA

https://open.spotify.com/track/4wOhPUptCNCCJK0OtjFzpy?si=lVJKdao7S6anxn-Z521p4w

https://open.spotify.com/track/66MWaZizAcrA9hx7Q4MAoW?si=3yXaEppOSl2ymJDWqNfheA

By the way, Spotify links are supposed to auto embed with version 4.5 of the forum software, which his imminent. Until then, you have to click the Source button and insert the embed code from Spotify, not the link.

If you want to post music here or anywhere else on the forum, and your account doesn't have HTML posting privileges, send me a DM and I'll turn it on.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

A few recommendations mostly on the retro wave front which I absolutely love. 

Probably favorite and most listened to album from last year is Kalax III. It’s truly a phenomenal mix of high tempo electronic/synth wave with great vocal tracks mixed in. I’ve zoned on through many a long drive with this one:

FM-84’ Atlas is another go to for me:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Ah interesting topic! I only played a little Hotline Miami, so I don’t really remember the soundtrack, but I think I get the gist. Some cool tunes in here already. 

I’m a big fan of Com Truise, who makes music in this vein. His latest album is pretty great. As a huge synth fan myself, I’m super impressed by his sound. Superb production from top to bottom. Here is one from his latest:

• Fire 1
7 minutes ago, rustyjaw said:

Ah interesting topic! I only played a little Hotline Miami, so I don’t really remember the soundtrack, but I think I get the gist. Some cool tunes in here already. 

I’m a big fan of Com Truise, who makes music in this vein. His latest album is pretty great. As a huge synth fan myself, I’m super impressed by his sound. Superb production from top to bottom. Here is one from his latest:

Goddamn that is fantastic. Great video too. I only had one song Com Truise on my list and it was only a remix (Battlecry (Com Truise Remix). Will explore more. 

On 8/5/2020 at 7:53 PM, rustyjaw said:

Nice.  Been a fan of Com Truise since his first 2 albums.  Love 'Galactic Melt': 

Will definitely pickup his latest release.  

Cool topic.  I'm a sucker for synthwave/chillwave/whateveryouwannacallitwave so I'll be checkin out the links.

On a similar note..Washed Out just released a new album today called 'Purple Noon' and it is fantastic.  Amazing chill vibes on this one.  Not quite the neon drenched cyberpunk synth style you are referencing in this thread but somewhat similar vibes nonetheless.  This is for sunsets on the beach.  :)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Don't know if it exactly qualifies, but this is my most favorite electronic style song ever:

First heard it in the Matrix Reloaded trailer, but not the movie oddly.  

• Like 1
23 hours ago, rustyjaw said:

Dude, it's good to 'see' you!

Thanks, Ed!  I lurk around here from time to time but rarely post anything.  :)  Hope you are doing well.  Still dabbling in making music?   BTW I'm loving the 'Persuasion System'  album from Com Truise.  Listening now.

Again not as uptempo as some of the stuff in this thread but super chill 80's vibes on this amazing cover of 'Love On A Real Train' which is one of my favorite tunes from the 80's:

I've listened to that so many times.  It is, to my ears, absolutely perfect.

• Like 1
On 8/8/2020 at 9:08 AM, Cyberwoo said:

Thanks, Ed!  I lurk around here from time to time but rarely post anything.  :)  Hope you are doing well.  Still dabbling in making music?   BTW I'm loving the 'Persuasion System'  album from Com Truise.  Listening now.

I recently got a turntable, and that was one of my first vinyl purchases.

I am still making music, I wish I had more free time to devote to it. I kind of stopped using my modular for about a year, opting for standard (fixed architecture) synths. I love the control you have with them, but I started to miss the chaos of modular and how that can lead to happy accidents, even though it can pretty time consuming to get something sounding “nice”

Anyway, I recently turned my focus back to the modular to develop a drum rack. It’s still a work in progress but I love how you can tweak percussion. 

Here is a little 1 min snippet from this afternoon. This is super rough, just trying to move beyond a collection of loops into something with structure. This was a little test drive of muting parts and bringing them in. 

kinda fits with the theme of this thread, but I’m no Com Truise!

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

That one (Revenger) was totally on my list to post. Love it. Hadn’t heard the second part yet. 

Neither had I until I’d searched for it on YouTube last night. When I’m waiting in queue that’s always the song I skip through to. 

Looking over the links in this thread I was surprised I didn't see mention of anything from Mitch Murder.  I hadn't heard anything from him in a while but going over his youtube I forgot how awesome his stuff is.  His newer stuff is pretty rad.  :)

• Like 2