LCVG

Problem with new PS2?

Damien

Hi, everyone! Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I'd like to know for sure if I'm being stupid or if I have a problem before my return period is up. When I turn on my brand new PS2, it goes straight to the "browser" screen. I put in a game, and the screen begins to flicker with white lines when the it goes black after the "browser" screen, during the transition to the game. There is a curved line connecting the right side of the top of the screen and the top of the right side of the screen. Basically a curved line around the top-right corner with the curve pointed toward the center of the screen, not outlining the corner. (Make sense? Probably not...I'm not good at explaining things.) Also, there are horizontal lines all down the screen. This goes away once the game screens come up. I thought it might be the disc I was using, so I popped in several others. It continues. I thought it might be the cable, so I changed it. Continues. Switched TV's. Continues. None of my other gaming systems do this. Maybe I'm just anal, but I don't want to have a new system and worry that it's already malfunctioning. Please let me know if this is normal. Thanks so much!

Rob

Hi! I have not exchanged it yet. I got it at Wal-Mart, and they have not gotten any more in since Christmas. I live in a rat hole little town, and haven't been anywhere else lately. I'll let y'all know what happens when I do exchange it. Thanks for the help. Later!