LCVG

Hitman III VR announced for PSVR (with every location from the trilogy)

Romier S

Here’s the full announcement. I’ve modified the thread title to be more accurate.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-vr/

This is actually pretty damned cool. I’m not big into the series but this certainly interests me.

HITMAN 3 will support PlayStation VR at launch in January 2021 – but it’s not only HITMAN 3 locations that are supported. Every location from the World of Assassination trilogy can be enjoyed in VR.

We’re talking more than 20+ locations across all three games that can be explored and experienced in an entirely new way. As a reminder, we revealed in the HITMAN 3 Announcement that it will be possible to ‘import’ locations that you own from the previous two HITMAN games into HITMAN 3. You’ll need to launch locations from HITMAN 3 to play them in VR. We’re working to finalize the specifics for how PSVR owners can enjoy HITMAN in VR, and we’ll have more details to share in the months ahead.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, iainl said:

How the hell does that work with PC owners having the first two in Steam, where it’s been exclusive until now?

I don’t think it will work with Steam versions for the previous games but, Epic are supposed to be issuing 1 and 2 free via EGS before the launch of 3 - so you’ll get them that way I guess.

The Hitman developer added, “It’s also important to us that we honour the time our existing PC players have spent in our previous games.” Players on PC will be able to carry over progression from Hitman 2 on Steam to Hitman 3 on the Epic Games Store, and they’ll also be able to import locations from Hitmanand Hitman 2 to Hitman 3.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/8/20/21377361/hitman-3-epic-games-store-exclusive-pc-new-location-dartmoor

I assume it’ll just import your progress from the files on your computer?

16 hours ago, Magness said:

I don’t think it will work with Steam versions for the previous games but, Epic are supposed to be issuing 1 and 2 free via EGS before the launch of 3 - so you’ll get them that way I guess.

Hitman is actually set to be one of the free games on Epic next week.  So that'll be problem one solved for them.  

The release isn’t until January so who knows, maybe EGS will have a VR wrapper of their own by then too. It isn’t such a big deal overall but, more a tedious annoyance I guess to have to launch the VR version through another store/app but, they have been working on EGS steadily adding wishlisting and more so I should probably give them the benefit of the doubt.