LCVG

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League coming 2022 (PS5, XSX, PC)

ChrisBardon

Looks like the next Rocksteady project is officially Suicide Squad: https://kotaku.com/official-rocksteady-is-making-a-suicide-squad-game-1844645978

Assuming that this follows the comics (and not that godawful movie), this could be a good time.  I'd probably assume something similar to the structure of the Arkham games, but with multiple protagonists.  Maybe GTA V-style, with a live character switch between probably Harley Quinn, Deadshot, and...Solomon Grundy or King Shark maybe? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Romier S changed the title to Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League coming 2022 (PS5, XSX, PC)

By the way, the game supports 4-Player coop and the single player game is played with bots.

- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is a direct continuation of the Arkhamverse

- Playable character are Harley Quinn, King Shark, Deadshot and Captain Boomerang

- "Awesome" gunplay, superhuman empowerment, each character has a rich moveset and more than Batman

- Open world

- Metropolis is the fifth character in the game, give it life beyond brick and mortar

- Can be played solo or 1-4 co-op

- If playing solo, bots will replace the other 3 teammates, can also switch between the characters at will if playing solo

So I liked the trailer, and the tone for this could be a lot of fun.  It also looks like they gave Captain Boomerang a jetpack or something, or he has flash powers?  Either way, makes him a slightly more viable character I suppose.  Co-op I could take or leave.  I kind of thought this would be further along given how quiet they've been.  Maybe not 2020, but certainly 2021. 

Actually, I think I liked the trailer for this game more than the James Gunn movie...

6 hours ago, ChrisBardon said:

So I liked the trailer, and the tone for this could be a lot of fun.  It also looks like they gave Captain Boomerang a jetpack or something, or he has flash powers?  Either way, makes him a slightly more viable character I suppose.  Co-op I could take or leave.  I kind of thought this would be further along given how quiet they've been.  Maybe not 2020, but certainly 2021. 

Actually, I think I liked the trailer for this game more than the James Gunn movie...

Deadshot has the Jetpack.

Captain Boomerang (the second iteration) in the comics had the ability to do “quick speed” teleports when he uses his boomerangs. So it’s not new. It was just never in the movie. Remember that Boomerang is actually an original villain of the Flash.

10 hours ago, Romier S said:

Captain Boomerang (the second iteration) in the comics had the ability to do “quick speed” teleports when he uses his boomerangs. So it’s not new. It was just never in the movie. Remember that Boomerang is actually an original villain of the Flash.

Ah, OK.  It looked more flash-like anyway, which I thought was something they just pulled out for the game to make the character different.  I never really read any flash (or a whole lot of DC for that matter), so I've only got peripheral knowledge of most of their characters. 

• 1 year later...