LCVG

Super Mario 3D All Stars (featuring Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy) [Switch] - September 18th

I had so many reward points from grocery shopping thanks to lockdown and buying food for myself, family and neighbours that I've been able to exchange a bunch for some eShop gift cards again, so I've grabbed another two eShop game coupons and used one on All Stars (the other I'll hold back on the off chance they drop something big and surprising in November or December). Hooray for being thrifty. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a three!       Sad the rumours were true that Galaxy 2 is not included, but I must have this regardless.   As I posted below, BOTH DIGITAL AND PHYSICAL REL

I was reminiscing over 64's soundtrack via way of Youtube and stumbled upon this utter delight:     The File Select music always whisks me back to a happy place.

It's not just you!  I also found myself struggling with the way Mario's feet seem to be coated in WD-40.   I finished up Sunshine very early this morning (admittedly doing little beyond the

Posted Images

On 9/11/2020 at 8:12 AM, Angry the Clown said:

Pre-install dates are so puzzling sometimes. 3D All Stars should be pre-installing as of today for those who have bought it digitally, and is indeed now living on my Switch... a week before it unlocks and I'm allowed to play it. 

Strange-I just downloaded it this morning, but it's not letting me launch.  Did you get prompted to go online to check if it can be played?

Just now, ChrisBardon said:

Strange-I just downloaded it this morning, but it's not letting me launch.  Did you get prompted to go online to check if it can be played?

Bah. No, sorry. That was a typo. Should have obviously read "a week before it unlocks and I'm NOT allowed to play it."  Have amended my post.

I was puzzled that it would pre-install so early as if just to taunt us.

Oh that’s always the way for Nintendo, they pre-load a week ahead of schedule for everything. Honestly it’s a smart way to get around the slow speed of the network.

I say that as I glare at the icon, taunting me from my home screen.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

The weird thing some people have pointed out is that the title screen uses the Mario Galaxy 2 version of the Power Star theme.

Epic trolling, Nintendo. 

Well, Mario 64 is also in widescreen on the title screen so epic trolling indeed.;)

• Haha 1

Emulation makes me a bit put off getting this, really. Because I’ve still got my Wii and can still play these natively, and I was hoping they would fix some of the things in the conversion; that Sunshine camera was a total mess. 

I'm looking forward to revisiting Sunshine.

My plan is to 100% Mario 64 (something I managed back in 97 which is also the last time I played the game), then in late October I really need to go back and finish off Luigi's Mansion. So I probably won't get round to Sunshine until early November, then I can give myself Galaxy over the Christmas period. 

I’m looking forward to your regret at revisiting Mario Sunshine ;).

I’ve banged out a few stars in Galaxy, that game still rocks hard. I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed it. I am legitimately hopeful I can pay a Nintendo tax to get Galaxy 2 as DLC at some point.