LCVG

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake Leaked Ahead of Ubisoft Forward

JFo

Ubisoft leaks Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake on Uplay

Wesley Yin-Poole, reporting for Eurogamer:

Here's another Ubisoft leak for the bulging ledger: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake.

The existence of a Prince of Persia remake had already leaked, but now, courtesy of the Russian Uplay, we now know the remake is of much-loved 2003 platformer The Sands of Time.

The leak, spotted by eagle-eyed ResetEra user AndrewDTF, doesn't do the game any favours in the looks department (the memes have already begun!), but this isn't exactly how Ubisoft hoped the world would get its first look at the Prince in his fancy clothes.

The screens posted at Eurogamer look like a 360-era game, not like something from the current gen. Maybe it will look better in motion.

At the very least, it’s something related to Prince of Persia — a series that’s been absent for far too long. I would have preferred a new entry in the series, but at this point, I’ll take whatever I can get.

1 hour ago, Dan B. said:

It is a remake, though. In the footage they showed yesterday, they are literally remaking every bit of the game.

Right. Remake is totally apt here.

We already had a remaster with the trilogy release on the PS3 which simply up-res’d the original assets. That’s not what’s happening here.

Also, Sands is a backwards compatible X Enhanced OG Xbox release. It looks superb running on the X at near 4K if you want the original experience looking it’s best.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...