LCVG

Little Nightmares II

23 minutes ago, kelley said:

This looks neat, anyone play the first one?

Yes. Check the last few posts in the Games Completed 2020 thread.

Its an excellent little game and if you like games like Inside or Limbo, this will be right down your alley. It has a super unique atmosphere and its genuinely creepy.

• 2 months later...
On 10/23/2020 at 1:24 PM, Romier S said:

Its an excellent little game and if you like games like Inside or Limbo, this will be right down your alley.

You had me at Limbo. Downloading now!

FYI, the original is free for Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass Ultimate members this month.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ll have a lot more to say about this one tomorrow after it’s set in for awhile but the ending is a doozy and has implications for the greater LN world. Much like the first game, it’s a subtle and interesting story wrapped up in absolutely gorgeous art design and atmosphere. There is truly some horrifying shit in this game. More so than even the first game. Seriously, the second level “boss” is a all kinds of “Nope!”.

If I’m honest, I’d say that the developers didn’t do much to evolve the formula. Very little in actuality. The puzzles, gameplay, stealth, etc. It’s all the very same with some minor additions like Six tagging along and helping with puzzles but generally if they called this an expansion to the first game, I wouldn’t have batted an eye. That said, I love what these games are bringing to the table so as if they want to keep telling worthwhile stories in this world, I’ll keep paying money for them. Though keep in mind that you’ll likely finish this in about 4-6 hours.

If you liked the first game, there’s a high probability you come away very pleased with this sequel. Make sure to get all of the collectibles, too. It unlocks a secret ending that ties the two games together and this is a pretty straightforward platinum to boot.

Well, this blows...

https://www.ign.com/articles/little-nightmares-series-could-be-over-as-studio-focuses-on-creating-new-ip

Tarsier parent company Embracer Group revealed its Q3 earnings today, including a section on the Swedish studio. "After the quarter Tarsier studios game Little Nightmares 2 was published [by Bandai Namco] and was well received by its audience," reads the earnings report. "Tarsier studios will, from now on, focus on creating new IPs."

In a webcast to accompany the earnings, Embracer CEO Lars Wingefors went into more detail. "I'm super-thrilled, and I spoke to the CEO of Tarsier the other day, and congratulated him [on] the critical success of Little Nightmares 2. It's an IP they created, but it's owned by Bandai Namco and published by Bandai Namco, so it doesn't really have any significant commercial impact for us, even though if it does really well it could have some royalty revenues over time.