LCVG

Mass Effect Legendary Edition coming.....(Trilogy remasters)

Romier S

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, dogbert said:

I have nothing but fond memories of 'em, but unsure if I'm in a hurry to replay them. 

Same. I think I spent about 100 hours total playing all three games back-to-back. It was a great experience, but when the hell am I going to find that kind of time to play it this year?

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

I'm looking forward to it (the first one is particularly dear to me). It's destined to be a "wait for EA Play/Game Pass" title for me I suspect.

Same-given that it's pretty likely to end up there, I'm in no great rush.  I think I might try a full renegade playthrough though-I never did 2 and 3 that way. 

18 minutes ago, Paul said:

This is my favorite series. I plan on going thru all 3 when this drops. Funny to me, I played thru 1 and 2 five times, yet only ever played 3 once. 

Same, looking forward to playing these again.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a heads up for those hoping to see reviews of the collection this week ahead of its release.

I think I put something like 100+ hours into the entire trilogy when I played it (all three games back-to-back, no less), so I have sympathy for the reviewers trying to get through this before the embargo is up.

48 minutes ago, Romier S said:

I have the Series X version preordered. Mass Effect is a series I’ve always connected with Xbox so it feels right.

Same. I played the first two games on Xbox, then the third on PS+ and it felt strange playing with a Dualshock, not to mention not having a consistent stretch of achievements covering the trilogy on the Xbox. If I get the remasters it will certainly be on Series X.

17 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Same. I played the first two games on Xbox, then the third on PS+ and it felt strange playing with a Dualshock, not to mention not having a consistent stretch of achievements covering the trilogy on the Xbox. If I get the remasters it will certainly be on Series X.

By the time you get a series X and the time to play this, I'll bet it'll be on GamePass too.  Given that Jedi Fallen Order made it over in less than a year, I have a feeling this could be on GP by Christmas. 

2 minutes ago, ChrisBardon said:

By the time you get a series X and the time to play this, I'll bet it'll be on GamePass too.  Given that Jedi Fallen Order made it over in less than a year, I have a feeling this could be on GP by Christmas. 

Yes, that thought had definitely crossed my mind. It's not something I'd be racing to revisit, so to have it as a handout on subscription would be ideal.

I wonder what will happen with Fallen Order on EA Play/Game Pass as we know that's now getting a free next-gen upgrade this summer, but I wonder if that will apply to the subscription download (my guess would be no?).