LCVG

Terminator Resistance Enhanced announced for PS5 for March 26th, 2021 (Xbox, PC coming Q1 2021)

Romier S

Owners of the existing PS4 version will get a free upgrade. I’ve heard good things about this game and own the Xbox version. DLC is coming, too...

• A fully updated version of the main game including balance and difficulty patches previously released on the PC. Players who own a PlayStation 4 version of the game will also receive a free upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version.
  • New “Infiltrator Mode” in which players can get under the skin of a T-800 series Infiltrator unit and strike out against Resistance forces.
  • A range of visual improvements taking advantage of the PlayStation 5’s more powerful hardware, including upscaled 4K resolution and locked 60 frames per second, higher resolution textures, higher polygon counts, tessellation, improved lighting and dynamic shadows, improved post-processing (antialiasing, bloom, and more), and more detailed particle effects.
  • A variety of features new to PlayStation 5 including Game Activities which can be used to track the player’s progress in missions and trophies, DualSense adaptive triggers for weaponry, and color shifting within the DualSense light bar to reflect the player’s health.
  • Four-times faster load times on average.
  • Two physical editions available for the PlayStation 5 version of Terminator: Resistance Enhanced: a Standard Edition, and a Collector’s Edition, which includes a Steel Book, two-part hardback comic book “Zero Day” from Dark Horse (comic text in English only, previously available in digital format with the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game), as well as four character art cards and a collectors box.
  • A paid downloadable content expansion with new narrative content will also be available in Summer 2021 for the PlayStation 5 and PC versions of the game.

5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

You say existing PS4 owners and I say I’ve  never heard of this game in my life. 

You’re not alone, frankly. It was quietly released and mostly ignored by those thinking it was licensed garbage. However, this small team put together a strong game with elements from Fallout and other action RPG’s. Most critics of course shit on it, while those that actually bought and played it gave it some real love for doing a lot with a limited budget/small release.

Im frankly surprised to see it getting this level of effort on next gen hardware. I had to buy an import copy of the physical release on Xbox One since the release was so limited, both PS4 and XB copies were selling in the $100 range.

• 4 months later...

The visual update looks very pleasing considering the budget and size of the dev team.

I've been curious to play this since originally Sterling put that video up. I wonder why they're not enhancing it for Series X though. Perhaps at a later date? This does seem like something that would make a prime candidate for Sony to offer up as a PS5 PS+ title in the not too distance future.

• 7 months later...

Realistically, I’m wondering if sales of the game on the Xbox were simply too low to justify doing an enhanced edition or the DLC on the platform? This is a smallish budget team after all. Perhaps it’s a case of these releases possibly not even existing if they needed to concentrate on multi-platform development? I don’t know but I think that’s a possibility here. The Xbox version of the original release became a collectors item pretty quickly after it came out due to how few were printed in the States. US versions of the Xbox game still go for $50-$70. European versions are much more plentiful.The PS4 version by comparison is in the $25-$30 range.