LCVG

2021 TV Show Discussion

Zero Zero Zero on Amazon Prime is really, really great!   The first episode is so slow and mostly uneventful that you'll want to give up.  Hang with it.  It gets so good you'll wonder why you ever thought of giving up.   Subtitles galore, however.  Lots of Italian and Spanish.

The Nevers on HBO has gotten everything right for the first two episodes.  Definitely my must-watch weekly show right now.

Carlos.

• 4 weeks later...

In case you are still sitting on the fence about The Nevers, they Sci-Fi'd the everloving shit out of this show in this latest episode. 

The musical themes in The Nevers sure sound Firefly-esque, as well. 

Also, Mare of Easttown has been very well crafted and brilliantly paced, despite a real snoozer of a first episode. 

Carlos. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet Tooth S1 finally on Netflix, and I love every second of it. Many changes from the comic series,  but it just works. Christian Convery as Gus is such perfect casting, someone should get a raise for choosing him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 12:21 PM, Carlucci said:

In case you are still sitting on the fence about The Nevers, they Sci-Fi'd the everloving shit out of this show in this latest episode. 

The musical themes in The Nevers sure sound Firefly-esque, as well. 

Also, Mare of Easttown has been very well crafted and brilliantly paced, despite a real snoozer of a first episode. 

Carlos. 

Nevers is fantastic. Though from so many years of watching similar shows, I figured a bunch of stuff out early on. And the show was created by Whedon so the music is very much firefly in parts, which is a good thing. Whedon was off the show by the time part 2 started filming , so interested to see where it goes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How, just how, is Ted Lasso so consistently good. They fucking nailed the Christmas Special. I loved Roy taking his niece around looking for a dentist on Christmas Day instead of sexy Christmas, hell it was going to be a Very Sexy Christmas. And the fact that Rebecca doesn’t really go to a fancy Christmas party but does what she does, just a tear jerker. And the team dinner Higgins threw, LOVED those scenes. After we watched it my wife started putting out the fall decorations. 

5 hours ago, kelley said:

How, just how, is Ted Lasso so consistently good. They fucking nailed the Christmas Special. I loved Roy taking his niece around looking for a dentist on Christmas Day instead of sexy Christmas, hell it was going to be a Very Sexy Christmas. And the fact that Rebecca doesn’t really go to a fancy Christmas party but does what she does, just a tear jerker. And the team dinner Higgins threw, LOVED those scenes. After we watched it my wife started putting out the fall decorations. 

It was a thoroughly fun episode, with some great one liners, and it was also completely independent of the plot/story. Apple originally asked for 10, then upped the order to 12 after everything was written/plotted out. So they made two "filler" episodes to slot in whenever, and this was the first. 

I'm not quite as happy with the pace of the story this second series. I worry that knowing they had two series booked affected the story structure a bit too much. Will be thoroughly happy to be wrong at the end of this season.