LCVG

2021 TV Show Discussion

Go big or go home. Hopefully it’s more than just eye candy. 

anyone else watch Nora From Queens? If not go watch Season 1 and then start Season 2. Hilarious stuff.

we binged Physical and The White Lotus this past weekend. Excellent on both. Rose Byrne was so good in Physical. The White Lotus was excellent. The cast was great, the stories of each of the guest were interesting, and then there is some beautiful scenery. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally caught up with The Expanse. Season 5 is the best one yet, IMO. I was pretty disappointed with S4. While it did come together in the end, I felt like there was a lot of filler.

But not S5! I loved all of the character arcs, which were quite varied. While not all were at the same depth, the character development was great. I think the writing is sharper than ever. Wasn’t quite ready for the gut punches that showed up. I was brought to tears, which I wasn’t expecting from this show. Very much looking forward to S6. Thank god this show was rescued. 

5 hours ago, rustyjaw said:

Finally caught up with The Expanse. Season 5 is the best one yet, IMO. I was pretty disappointed with S4. While it did come together in the end, I felt like there was a lot of filler.

But not S5! I loved all of the character arcs, which were quite varied. While not all were at the same depth, the character development was great. I think the writing is sharper than ever. Wasn’t quite ready for the gut punches that showed up. I was brought to tears, which I wasn’t expecting from this show. Very much looking forward to S6. Thank god this show was rescued. 

Agreed about season 5. They did a pretty impressive job fitting so much into the season. It really feels like it's grown into a 'real' show with quality writing, acting, and improved designs. Bummer it has to happen when there is only one season remaining. Season 6 will be interesting because it will either divert from the books or find some way to condense the remaining 5 books (including the final 2, yet to release books).

35 minutes ago, Camp said:

Season 6 will be interesting because it will either divert from the books or find some way to condense the remaining 5 books (including the final 2, yet to release books).

I got the impression that the plan was leave off the last few books for adapting down the road. Not sure where I heard it, though.

I'm still pissed that they didn't recast Alex. Nobody was confused by the two Darrens, two "Rhodey" Rhodes, two Aunt Vivs, etc.

Oh man I watched 30 mins of foundation ep 1 and had to shut down that bore fest off. Looks gorgeous but boring as hell. What is this? sci-fi pride & prejudice? 
I was really looking forward to this one - but completely unfamiliar with the source material - oh well.

Been catching up on For All Mankind, and it is really fantastic. Definitely one of my favorite shows, and I should have watched it from the start.   It took a few episodes to get going, but after that it just keeps getting better and better, end of S1 had me on the edge of my seat. .  I'm cruising through s2, which is even better then S1.

On 9/24/2021 at 8:08 PM, kelley said:

First episodes of Foundation are out. I really liked it. I have no exposure to the source material. 

Same here, I knew nothing of the story (outside of some skimming of reviews of the show), but I liked the opening episodes. Some great worldbuilding happens at the outset. And I like how it weaves both grand-scale, high-concept sci-fi, and also personal, individual level details together. Stylistically it's a stunner with it's own visual language, and loads of detail and gorgeous scenery. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

• 2 weeks later...