LCVG

My poor, neglected Live account

iainl

Right now I only have two XBox Live games, Midtown 3 and Island Thunder.

As you can imagine, then, my account hasn't been used much in a while, because I've been buying games that don't involve it. I've been having a great gaming time, with titles like Gregory Horror Show, Psyvariar, Prince Of Persia and Simpsons Hit 'n' Run, plus I've been back to the original Project Gotham (then getting thoroughly stuck around level 7, because I'm just not good enough).

However, when I get back from skiing at the end of the month I really need to try it again. So, what should I get? I'm perfectly willing to accept answers of games that don't come out for another month or so, and since the idea is to play with other people stuff that isn't getting played any more isn't useful even if its a good game.

So, what should I do?

Well, I can toss in my favorite games of the moment. :)

Rainbow Six 3

Links 2004

Counter Strike

Project Gotham Racing 2

Crimson Skies

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those, because they all have fantastic single player, and fantastic multiplayer. Except for Counter Strike, which is great fun online only.

On the subject of PGR2, how difficult is it, in relation to the first one? While 50,000 Kudos is a lot more than I managed in MSR, I'm still demonstrating my uselessness at it by failing to unlock a single paintjob so far. If going online with it is just going to involve getting my arse handed to me on a daily basis I'd be inclined to pass, but on the other hand I usually come in the top two or three in any game of Midtown, so who knows?

Clone Wars, if I find it cheap, may just get bought because I'm a Star Wars whore, so if I join the ranks of the afflicted don't go too harsh.

RS3 is daunting. Is the lag half as bad as it is on GR:IT, where I constantly find myself shooting things for seconds at a time without them even noticing, because they've lagged out?

Nah R6 dosnt have any lag. As for PGR2 ive only played a few times but i stunk but the game is sitll a lot of fun wether you come in first or last. As for clone wars a few people here have it and we are going to try and get a conquest mode game going soon as its the best part of the game.

capt

On the subject of PGR2, how difficult is it, in relation to the first one? While 50,000 Kudos is a lot more than I managed in MSR, I'm still demonstrating my uselessness at it by failing to unlock a single paintjob so far.

It's a lot easier than the first one. The single player game allows you to adjust your difficulty as you go, so you can just play at a level you're comfortable with. Online is different, though. There are a lot of good racers around here, but everyone's fun to play with win or lose.

Woohoo! One of my work collegues has taken a big dislike to PGR2, particularly since he started playing the hell out of both R: Racing Evolution and GT4: Prologue, and so has agreed to swap it with me for F-Zero GX (which I just can't play, as it controls like every other F-Zero game). So I'll be back on Live soon!

Originally posted by Kain rising+Jan 12 2004, 02:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kain rising @ Jan 12 2004, 02:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-iainl@Jan 12 2004, 08:53 AM

Woohoo! One of my work collegues has taken a big dislike to PGR2

I'm sorry you have to work with such heathens. ;) [/b]

To be fair, he's mainly decided that he doesn't enjoy the racing aspects of it as much as the other games I mentioned - he's not impressed with the handling, and online is causing him problems. For a game he claims to dislike, I'm impressed that he's done it with all golds.