LCVG

Diablo II Resurrected (PC, Xbox Family, PS4/5,Switch) - 2021!

• Romier S changed the title to Diablo II Resurrected (PC, Xbox Family, PS4/5,Switch) - 2021!

Still embarrassed to say I have next to no familiarity with the Diablo series, even though many years ago @iainl kindly had a copy of one of the earlier games on PC going spare that I just never got round to installing! :blush:. Would this be a better place to start vs III (which I note is already approaching nine years old)?

III is the only one I've played, and I only really got into playing through the levels in single-player for the plot and environments, rather than the loot grind side that seems to suck in so many. But my impression from the trailer is that this is still II but with shinier graphics and an awful lot (an AWFUL LOT) of clever real-time lighting effects. So my gut says III has a lot of variation in the environments compared to these rectangular levels, but as I understand it, II has more on the loads and loads of enemies and clever weapons stuff. So what are you after from the game?

3 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Still embarrassed to say I have next to no familiarity with the Diablo series, even though many years ago @iainl kindly had a copy of one of the earlier games on PC going spare that I just never got round to installing! :blush:. Would this be a better place to start vs III (which I note is already approaching nine years old)?

III is a more sprawling game with more build variety in its current iteration but II is the stronger game from a narrative perspective and frankly has stronger art direction overall. It's a modern classic that still has some of the most addictive gameplay in the ARPG genre and its loot drop system is sheer perfection in terms of giving the player a sense of progression and "building up power". I would wait for this to release and then move nicely into III. Of course I still adore the original and its piddly 16 "simple" levels for its atmosphere alone but we're not getting a resurrected edition of that (yet).

EDIT: Surprised no one has mentioned that the Barbarian class in that video thumbnails has an uncanny resemblance to David Bautista...:lawl