LCVG

Sifu (PS4/5, PC) - New martial arts game with a unique look releasing 2/8/2022

Romier S

• Romier S changed the title to Sifu (PS4/5, PC) - New martial arts game with a unique look...
  • 4 months later...
  • Romier S changed the title to Sifu (PS4/5, PC) - New martial arts game with a unique look...early 2022
  • 1 month later...
  • Romier S changed the title to Sifu (PS4/5, PC) - New martial arts game with a unique look releasing 2/2/2022
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Romier S changed the title to Sifu (PS4/5, PC) - New martial arts game with a unique look releasing 2/8/2022
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“Brutal learning curve” 

“Punishing.’

Framing gameplay around the discipline and learning styles of martial arts helped me to persist through Sifu's hardest bits and to appreciate extremely difficult combat games in a way I never have before. As I said, Sifu helped me "get" Souls games

Sifu can often be satisfying when things come together and the action unfolds like a martial arts film but the difficulty will divide players.

bat signal batman GIF by Tech Noir

I no longer feel so bad. I was 52. Most of my aging came in 

Spoiler

The warehouse

and at the boss. I was thinking this isn’t so hard at that point but then I had 3 yellow aura guys attacking me and it quickly went bad.

I'm loving this game so far.   I was able to eventually get out of level one at age 22, after a few tries and opening the shortcut, but spent most of the day yesterday getting wrecked in level two.  Finally got to level three after crashing into the boss over and over again.  (But I was 60 something, so that's not going to be super useful)

I've learned that I am not good at timing the counters, but because of that I learned how important the duck/sway/weaving is. I was trying to dodge using R2 a lot in the beginning but wasn't having much luck. The weaving  is the way to fight the tougher enemies and bosses.  It's surprisingly lenient on the timing/direction ( compared to the punishing nature of the rest of the combat)

I opened the shortcut on level 3, but still haven't made it to the boss.

I feel like I am improving for the most part... but then some random nobody kills me, which does put me back in my place. :D 
Still no good at counters though.

Not sure on the power up mechanic for the game though. I'm just picking one ability at a time to focus on, and can usually permanently unlock one or two by the end of level 2.  I guess once I unlock everything I can use the XP for the shrine boosts.

I’d say this is a game of the year contender for me so far. Made it out of level 1 at age 25, beating the boss without dying. Too bad I didn’t do that yesterday when I made it to him at 22.

I started realizing just how important ducking is, worked on it the entire first level, it really helped against the boss. Plus it’s easier to pull off then parrying. The other thing is avoiding crowds, be Jackie Chan instead of Ip Man.