LCVG

Microsoft in talks to acquire Discord for $10 Billion (not happening now as Discord pulls out of negotiations)

Discord is a great one for them to grab so I can see the reasons for this but, I have loved that they have been independent and separate from a specific platform. 😕 Can’t last forever I guess (even though this is not a done deal yet). 

As someone who runs a Discord community, it is at the point where needs either to be bought or go public to get a cash influx to build out its back end and team. Discord has a lot of things that need to be fixed.

6 hours ago, JoeyN said:

As someone who runs a Discord community, it is at the point where needs either to be bought or go public to get a cash influx to build out its back end and team. Discord has a lot of things that need to be fixed.

Current hub bub is that they will go public instead of selling.

• 1 month later...
  • Romier S changed the title to Microsoft in talks to acquire Discord for $10 Billion (not happening now as Discord pulls out of negotiations)

My guess is the Discord investors thought going it alone will equal out to a bigger payday than MS’s $10b. Sony partnership helps that reality, especially if they are going to do a first class integration with the PS5.