LCVG

Falcon and Winter Soldier Spoilers

Zemo’s retconing seems offensive even though he’s a good character in this episode... he could have, and maybe should have, been a completely different character. He was a sad, creepy guy and now he’s a super villain like Lex Luther?

Sharon Carter being an enemy of the state for choosing team Steve Rodgers in civil war, when everyone else in that team has been forgiven? Really? And she’s an international villain now? After being an altruistic player in all the previous movies? 

All seems convenient plotting and bad, offensive character violations.

The Bucky and Falcon banter is forced. They’re trying and failing to channel lethal weapon.

Not a fan of this show. The only saving grace is that they’re limiting the inventory of super serium. Because this show is about to make the mistake that kills every supernatural show or movie series. Over saturation of super beings.

2 hours ago, foogledricks said:

Zemo’s retconing seems offensive even though he’s a good character in this episode... he could have, and maybe should have, been a completely different character. He was a sad, creepy guy and now he’s a super villain like Lex Luther?

Sharon Carter being an enemy of the state for choosing team Steve Rodgers in civil war, when everyone else in that team has been forgiven? Really? And she’s an international villain now? After being an altruistic player in all the previous movies? 

The Bucky and Falcon banter is forced. They’re trying and failing to channel lethal weapon.

Not a fan of this show. The only saving grace is that they’re limiting the inventory of super serium. Because this show is about to make the mistake that kills every supernatural show or movie series. Over saturation of super beings.

Are we watching the same show?? 

8 hours ago, dogbert said:

Are we watching the same show?? 

Your pithy response doesn't make clear whether you disagree with any of my points or simply my negative sentiment.

Because sometimes in the spirit of criticism I focus on the negative. I liked a lot about the episode. I give it a B. I just didn't like them re-writing characters with such a big swing like that. Even if it served the plot and contributed to good scenes. I agree that Zemo's character was a good component of this episode. And that Sharon kicking ass was really cool as well. But if Sharon turns out to be ... duh dun da ... Hydra ... or an alien ... or a New York Jets fan, she can still be a good character in a good show, but that's just bullshit.

Also, I kind of suspect that one of my points will be moot when/if they decide to tell us that Sharon is actually undercover.

But I feel really strongly about them entering the danger zone where every person you see has some sort of power. The inflation of 'super' characters has ruined so many shows for me. Arrow. Vampire Diaries. Heroes. Just every single supernatural show that went beyond a single season. In this show there are already two dozen Captain Americans running around. I friggin hate that and am so glad they blew everything up.

16 hours ago, foogledricks said:

Not a fan of this show."

This was an issue from the first episode, back when I criticized it initially. 

This show has some decent stuff, but overall it's just a hodgepodge of convenience and forced character interactions. Bucky & Falcon's relationship has been served with the subtly of a hammer and shoe horn!

The saving grace for this show will be getting a kick ass US Agent. Anything less than that and I'll be disappointed. 

Episode 3 was not a good one for people who have trouble remembering who everyone is and what happened in movies that came out years ago. 

I feel like I need to rematch Winter Soldier, Civil War and Black Panther just to watch this show.

This is my one major complaint about this the MCU. 

Unless it was mentioned previously in the movie, I didn't get he was rich or a Baron from this scene.  

Besides, why not get your family out of there if you have the means?  Sure, he didn't know Sokovia would get destroyed but after New York and DC, why chance it?

17 hours ago, Angel P said:

Unless it was mentioned previously in the movie, I didn't get he was rich or a Baron from this scene.  

Besides, why not get your family out of there if you have the means?  Sure, he didn't know Sokovia would get destroyed but after New York and DC, why chance it?

Yeah, he was clearly implied to be lower on the socioeconomic scale. Otherwise you'd think he'd have more resources helping him throughout Civil War.

Whatever, during script circle-jerk someone yelled out  "Wait! You know what would be cool, if he was this rich prince like Eddie Murphy in 'Coming to America' with a private jet and fancy cars. That would be a a really cool twist and would really serve the plot we're trying to construct."

It works in the episode, and is fun, but it makes Civil War worse retroactively. Which is a shame.

This episode was the most satisfying yet. With lots of payoffs for all the building they did. And for the first time I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for the next episode.

Also, I’m starting to forget that Zemo was ever in Civil War and just thinking of him as the obnoxious and amusing “enemy of my enemy” trope that he’s playing here. And it works.

btw, LOVE the Wakanda part of this episode. So good.

And I can tell there are some twists ahead.

56 minutes ago, NickC said:

Episode 4 was the best and it's definitely picking up, Can't believe there's only two episode left.

Mid Season Trailer (Avoid if you dont want to see footage from the final episodes)

I didn’t like episode 3 but agree, episode 4 was the best.  I was on team Karli, until this episode.  WTF?!?