LCVG

The House of the Dead Remake - Out on Switch! Coming to PS4/5, Xbox, PC, Stadia April 28th.

Romier S

41 minutes ago, Romier S said:

Switch first and other platforms later but I'm not sure how they'd manage it on the Xbox. The PS4 could use the Move controllers and PS4 camera.

Hardly seems worth it for such a tiny proportion of users who might have the Move and PS Camera. I'd have thought that a port for PS VR would make the most sense. As for Xbox, I agree I don't know what the hell the plan would be there.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Romier S changed the title to The House of the Dead Remake - Out on Switch! Coming to PS4/5, Xbox, PC, Stadia April 28th.

It plays pretty good on PS5, but it doesn't feel like Sony did anything to improve the gyro in the DualSense. I was really hoping gyro aiming would be a thing in this new generation. 

Do you occasionally have to reset the reticle on Switch?

17 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

It plays pretty good on PS5, but it doesn't feel like Sony did anything to improve the gyro in the DualSense. I was really hoping gyro aiming would be a thing in this new generation. 

Do you occasionally have to reset the reticle on Switch?

Yes. The PS4/5 version feels better in that regard, frankly but I put that down to the much improved framerate.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Romier S said:

I tried this today on my PS5. Not sure if it was my fault for not having something calibrated (first time I've connected Move controllers and the PS Camera to my PS5), but it was buggy as hell. I'd call it unplayable right now.

57 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

I tried this today on my PS5. Not sure if it was my fault for not having something calibrated (first time I've connected Move controllers and the PS Camera to my PS5), but it was buggy as hell. I'd call it unplayable right now.

Are you using the PS4 camera with adapter? It only works with the PS4 camera.

I played through the whole game on the PS4 using the Move Controller. It wasn't perfect but it was multitudes better than the Gyro controls. Like, by leaps and bounds. 

I think the most important part is to ensure you adjust the PS camera to your seating position. It took me a few goes and some trial and error but I mostly got it so that the cursor was pretty centered with the Move controller itself. If you're camera is off then the cursor will be off. Though to be honest, it's still fine even being a tad bit off. You can adjust to the positioning of the cursor pretty easily though I'd imagine that's probably less apt with the Aim controller. Either way,  I'm a stickler so I wanted it to be just right and you can get it there.

Once it's centered, it feels damned amazing. About as good as you're going to get without an actual light gun. My only caveats here are that the Move controller will sort of lose signal between levels so as soon as a new level starts, make sure to hit the reload button to "activate" it again or you'll take needless hits. Also, there are times when the cursor isn't in the right "play area" and will disappear forcing you to move it about to find the cursor and reset. This only happened once or twice in my full playthrough of the game but its worth mentioning. 

So yeah, it's not perfect and needs a bit more tuning for stability but man, its so so much better than Gyro and I'm really happy with it. Oh, I would highly recommend moving the Move controller sensitivity to 2.0 in the menus, too. It helps the tracking feel much smoother, IMO.

I can't speak on the PS5 performance but on a PS4 with a properly adjusted camera - *thumbs up*