LCVG

Baldur’s Gate Dark Alliance - Out May 7th (PS4/5, Xbox, PC, Switch)

Yes, the Snowblind Studios classic from the PS2/GC/Xbox era is getting re-released today with 4K support for the big boy consoles. Otherwise it’s a fairly barebones release for $30 but this is a /superb/ Diablo-esque action RPG that I absolutely adore.

• Romier S changed the title to Baldur’s Gate Dark Alliance - Out May 7th (PS4/5, Xbox, PC, Switch)

I liked this one quite a bit back in the day so I’m tempted to get the re-release but, it doesn’t look like much was updated overall. Missed opportunity to do more of a true remake or even a sequel. 

22 minutes ago, Magness said:

I liked this one quite a bit back in the day so I’m tempted to get the re-release but, it doesn’t look like much was updated overall. Missed opportunity to do more of a true remake or even a sequel. 

It got a sequel.:)

It would have been a more alluring package had they included both games, though.

All these games were great, except for the Fallout one, which was absolute trash. I preferred the Champions game even tough I had zero interest in Everquest. I'll keep an eye out for a sale on this, might be a good game on the switch once I have to start travelling again.

7 hours ago, Romier S said:

It got a sequel.:)

It would have been a more alluring package had they included both games, though.

Ha! Thanks for that, I had completely forgotten the sequel back on Xbox :) 

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2021 at 12:39 PM, dogbert said:

Yeah, this is a perfect try before you buy moment.

Reviews are out today and yeah….it’s bad. Bug ridden, terrible combat, exceptionally dumb design choices, forgettable characters and story…you name it.