LCVG

Forza Horizon 5 [Xbox/PC] - Nov 9th 2021

Seriously, this is the thing I was most excited about during the Xbox Showcase. More than Halo Infinite, more than Psychonauts 2, more than A Plague Tale: Requiem. I’m so stoked to play this.

Despite the fact it’s coming to Game Pass, I may end up buying the game outright. Or at the very least buying the Platinum upgrade for the base version. If they include any DLC expansions like they did with FH4, it will be well worth the extra money.

4k/30fps and a 60fps Performance Mode confirmed:

You can also expect powerful, all-new graphical features like HDR captures of the vibrant Mexican sky, sweeping vistas, and an unparalleled attention to detail. Available in 4K 30 FPS on the Xbox Series X (1080p 30 FPS on Xbox Series S) with an optional 60 FPS performance mode, and ray tracing added to cars in Forzavista, you will be immersed in the open world of Horizon like never before.

Also, it sounds like there's nice evolution of the seasonal transitions from 4:

Get ready for the return of seasons, first introduced in Forza Horizon 4. Only this time, you’ll feel its impact in unprecedented ways. Each of the eleven biomes found on the new map will be uniquely affected by the change in seasons. So that means if you’re deep in the jungle during spring, expect heavy rainfall, but during the dry season you’ll be able to access and explore areas you can’t reach any other time. No two seasons will ever be the same.

Early Access via purchase of the Premium Edition:

The Festival starts November 9th. However, if you purchase the Premium Edition, you’ll get a jump on the Festival traffic with Early Access starting November 5th. Experience Forza Horizon 5 on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows 10, Steam, Xbox Game Pass, and Android phones and tablets via Xbox Cloud Gaming. Players can choose from Standard, Deluxe, and Premium versions of the game. Xbox Game Pass players will have access to the Standard version, and if they purchase the Premium Add-Ons Bundle they can enjoy all the great DLC in the Premium version of the game, including Early Access.

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/Forza-Horizon-5-Coming-to-Mexico

2 hours ago, JFo said:

Despite the fact it’s coming to Game Pass, I may end up buying the game outright. Or at the very least buying the Platinum upgrade for the base version. 

Same here.  They're not doing the separate physical tiers like they have in the past, where the fancy edition comes in a steelbook and includes the car pass and expansions.  According to the FAQ, there's only one physical edition, and it's for the standard version of the game, and there's a premium add-on bundle for $50 with all the other goodies.

• Angry the Clown changed the title to Forza Horizon 5 [Xbox/PC] - Nov 9th 2021
7 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

£40 to bump the Game Pass base game up to to the Premium edition seems like solid value really. 

Yeah, the same goes here for the $50 expansion in the US. I’ll probably just get that to start with, and then get the bass game when it goes on sale at some point.

This looks amazing. One of the most impressive things I’ve seen during the E3 presentations so far. I’ve hardly played any of the Horizon series, even though I feel it could be something I’d really like. 

Yeah, this looks great. This one of only 4-5 titles from the conference that really grabbed my attention. And as someone that kind of bored of England, I’m hoping Mexico keeps me invested longer.

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

And as someone that kind of bored of England....

doctor who insult GIF

:) 

In all seriousness, the diversity of 5's landscapes really stand out to me too. I'm really looking forward to it. 

The map is one and a half times the size of Horizon 4's map too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...