LCVG

Advance Wars 1 + 2 Reboot Camp Announced for Switch (Delayed to Spring 2022)

• Romier S changed the title to Advance Wars 1 + 2 Reboot Camp Announced for Switch (Releasing December 3rd, 2021)
12 hours ago, ChrisBardon said:

I was actually half expecting to see this come to mobile when the trailer started.  

I think that's precisely what's stopping me from being 100% enthused about the announcement. Having re-watched the trailer a few times now it's just not clicking for me visually to the point where it's something of a turn off (the HD Phoenix Wright remasters have come close in this regard too in abandoning their magnificent original pixel art, but they still fall within tolerance and at least stayed 2D). My GBA with a copy of the first game is in a drawer under my desk here, so it's not like I desperately need this in order to replay the game anyway, but still...

Metal Gear Tactics shows how good something like this could look with a 3D twist while remaining utterly faithful visually.

• Romier S changed the title to Advance Wars 1 + 2 Reboot Camp Announced for Switch (Delayed to Spring 2022)