LCVG

Quake [enhanced for Xbox/PC/Playstation/Switch] - Available Now

"Developed by the award-winning id Software, Quake® is the ground-breaking, original dark fantasy first-person shooter that inspires today's retro-style FPS games. Now, experience the authentic, updated, and visually enhanced version of the original.

Experience the Original Game, Enhanced
Enjoy the original, authentic version of Quake, now with up to 4K* and widescreen resolution support, enhanced models, dynamic and colored lighting, anti-aliasing, depth of field, the original, atmospheric soundtrack and theme song by Trent Reznor, and more. There's never been a better time to play Quake.

Play the Dark Fantasy Campaign
You are Ranger, a warrior armed with a powerful arsenal of weapons. Fight corrupted knights, deformed ogres and an army of twisted creatures across four dark dimensions of infested military bases, ancient medieval castles, lava-filled dungeons and gothic cathedrals in search of the four magic runes. Only after you have collected the runes will you hold the power to defeat the ancient evil that threatens all of humanity.

Get the Original & New Expansion Packs
Quake also comes with both original expansion packs: "The Scourge of Armagon" and "Dissolution of Eternity," as well as two expansions developed by the award-winning team at MachineGames: "Dimension of the Past," and the all-new "Dimension of the Machine."

Discover the All-New "Dimension of the Machine" Expansion
In the deepest depths of the labyrinth lies the core of lava and steel known only as The Machine. Crusade across time and space against the forces of evil to bring together the lost runes, power the dormant machine, and open the portal hiding the greatest threat to all known worlds—destroy it...before it destroys us all.

Enjoy Online & Local Multiplayer and CO-OP
Fight through the dark fantasy base campaign and expansions in 4-player online or local split-screen co-op, and compete in pure, retro-style combat with support for 8-player (online) or 4-player (local split-screen) matches. Featuring dedicated server support for online matchmaking and peer-to-peer support for custom matches.

Download Additional, Free Mods & Missions
Expand your experience with free, curated, fan-made and official mods and missions such as Quake 64, which is available to download and play now. More fan-made and official mods and missions coming soon.

Play Together with Crossplay
Play the campaign and all expansion packs cooperatively or go toe-to-toe in multiplayer matches with your friends regardless of platform!"

And for Romier:

I've been having a grand old time playing this for the last half an hour on Game Pass and partying like it's 1996. Apparently it's only running in bc mode on PS5 right now, but a free native patch is forthcoming. 

It's out right now, too!

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/QUAKE-2027389.html

PlayStation®5 playable in backwards compatibility mode at launch, free native upgrade coming soon.

Developed by the award-winning id Software, Quake® is the ground-breaking, original dark fantasy first-person shooter that inspires today's retro-style FPS games. Now, experience the authentic, updated, and visually enhanced version of the original.

Experience the Original Game, Enhanced
Enjoy the original, authentic version of Quake, now with up to 4K* and widescreen resolution support, enhanced models, dynamic and colored lighting, anti-aliasing, depth of field, the original, atmospheric soundtrack and theme song by Trent Reznor, and more. There's never been a better time to play Quake.

Play the Dark Fantasy Campaign
You are Ranger, a warrior armed with a powerful arsenal of weapons. Fight corrupted knights, deformed ogres and an army of twisted creatures across four dark dimensions of infested military bases, ancient medieval castles, lava-filled dungeons and gothic cathedrals in search of the four magic runes. Only after you have collected the runes will you hold the power to defeat the ancient evil that threatens all of humanity.

Get the Original & New Expansion Packs
Quake also comes with both original expansion packs: "The Scourge of Armagon" and "Dissolution of Eternity," as well as two expansions developed by the award-winning team at MachineGames: "Dimension of the Past," and the all-new "Dimension of the Machine."

Discover the All-New "Dimension of the Machine" Expansion
In the deepest depths of the labyrinth lies the core of lava and steel known only as The Machine. Crusade across time and space against the forces of evil to bring together the lost runes, power the dormant machine, and open the portal hiding the greatest threat to all known worlds—destroy it...before it destroys us all.

Enjoy Online & Local Multiplayer and CO-OP
Fight through the dark fantasy base campaign and expansions in 4-player online or local split-screen co-op, and compete in pure, retro-style combat with support for 8-player (online) or 4-player (local split-screen) matches. Featuring dedicated server support for online matchmaking and peer-to-peer support for custom matches.

Download Additional, Free Mods & Missions
Expand your experience with free, curated, fan-made and official mods and missions such as Quake 64, which is available to download and play now. More fan-made and official mods and missions coming soon.

Play Together with Crossplay
Play the campaign and all expansion packs cooperatively or go toe-to-toe in multiplayer matches with your friends regardless of platform!

* Maximum display resolutions vary by platform.

Apparently Quake II and III are also available on Game Pass, per Major Nelson:

I was thinking a few months back about how I would really like to play the first two games. I never played them before, and replaying a lot of those older Doom games made me interested in trying them out. I'm glad I'll finally have a chance to do that now.

EDIT: I just realized the second two games are available on Game Pass for PC, not Xbox. No matter, at least I can still play the first game knowing that the second will probably follow in the not-too-distant future.

Merged threads.

I'll definitely be buying the physical on PS4. It'll go nicely right next to my physical PS4 Doom Collection (with Doom, Doom 2 and Doom3) and Doom 64.

I know folks love them some Quake II on the single player front but I've always been more partial to the original game.

If you are looking for a quality Quake II port, the original release of Quake 4 on the Xbox 360 came with a bonus disc that housed a stellar port of II that runs at 60fps. It's cheap to get and its BC on the Xbox Series consoles.

It's fascinating what comes back to you after twenty-five years. I played the hell out of Quake on the PC back in the day, then Quake II, and had Arena on Dreamcast but honestly hadn't thought about the series much in the years that have passed, and yet after firing up the game earlier on Xbox I was flooded with an instant sense of familiarity. The weapons, the monsters, the sound effects! It's quite a delight to revisit.

Ah, good point. I mean, I had Quake running on my first ever Windows box before graphics cards were really "a thing" so I don't know why I even feel the need to point out it's undemanding as long as you actually have a Windows machine.

• 1 month later...