LCVG

Marvel’s Midnight Suns (PS4/5, Xbox family, PC, Switch) - Firaxis Games releasing March 2022

• Romier S changed the title to Marvel’s Midnight Sons (PS4/5, Xbox family, PC, Switch) - Firaxis Games releasing March 2022

I forgot all about the rumours for this one. Honestly I thought it was just an expansion for the Square game when that trailer began on the Gamescom show. I was really hoping it would embrace more of a colourful comic book style in the art direction.

The gameplay reveal is happening September 1st.

First thing I thought of when I saw the title:

Spirits of Vengeance: Rise of the Midnight Sons: Mackie, Howard, Kaminski,  Len, Cooper, Chris, Chichester, D.G., Kubert, Andy, Kubert, Adam, Wagner,  Ron, Case, Richard: 9781302901035: Books - Amazon.ca

Early 90s Marvel grimdark books.  Looks like that's at least part of the inspiration with hell-ified versions of characters like Wolverine, Iron Man, Captain Marvel and Captain America? 

I mean, it's a tactical game from Firaxis, and it's Marvel, so I'm going to at least look at it.  Please be good. 

Is it wrong that I kind of want to go back and play Freedom Force now?

• Romier S changed the title to Marvel’s Midnight Suns (PS4/5, Xbox family, PC, Switch) - Firaxis Games releasing March 2022

Gameplay reveal:

- Game starts with attack on the Sanctum
- 3 team mates
- 10-15min average battles
- Multiple card times (basic, attack, support) that are in a deck that gets shuffled at the start of a battle
- Players will be able to play 3 cards each round (some cards will allow you to get more cards out in a round if you kill an enemy with it)
- Every hero has their own set of cards
- Blade is DPS (has bleed, life leech cards), Ghost Rider is a wild card ( his attacks can dmg himself and his teammates), Captain America is dps/tank, Strange is support (power to draw a different cards and boost card effects)
- Mission types: Protection missions, rescue targets, Capture VIP
- Hunter has light and dark powers (light is support/heal)
- You can change up your deck before each fight
- There are overpowered cards called "Heroics cards" that do deal massive dmg and offer bonus effects (iron man has aoe for everyone on screen (small dmg), Strange has massive dmg to one enemy plus applying debuff) these use currency resource called "heroism"
- You can use the environment to deal dmg
- The Abbey is your HQ located inside a pocket dimension. Here you can talk to Tony to make new weapons for you that unlock new cards, Train with Blade to upgrade cards
- if you have duplicate of a card you can mix them to make an upgraded version
- Talking to characters in the hub unlocks passive abilities and combos with that character
- Each hero has a legendary ability called "The Midnight Sun" only once you built that character's midnight suit which require you to max your friendship with a character

Card based tactical RPG?

Yes Please GIF by MOODMAN

• 2 months later...