LCVG

Xbox Security Defeated

JTello

I saw this guy on The Screen Savers when he first accomplished this. Pretty interesting, but he did say that he had Microsoft's "permission" to crack the security. I guess they couldn't stop him from trying, but it was obvious they were prepared to come down on him hard if it was anything more than an academic exercise.

Mmmm, Joey, are you referring to my inital post, or did you delete someone else's post? I feet this is an important and relevant topic, and I am interesting in keeping the topic on the issue of security, not Xbox hacking.

This is the first time I've read about how Microsoft has protected the Xbox. It's interesting in that I've been recently concerned with protection for my computer and it got me to wondering how Microsoft addressed the issue with the box.

With the security features Microsoft has implimented, combined with the firewall security of the router hardware I assume most of us are running, how relevant do you guys feel the issue of security regarding the xbxox is?

Please do not post anything that is Illegal (mod chips and so forth) or links where to get such items. Anything that is will be deleted. Only warning

We can't talk about mod chips? They aren't illegal, are they? Certainly, some of the things people use their mod chips for may be illegal but I don't think it necessary to ban all discussion about the topic. There are some pretty cool and totally legal things one can do with a modded Xbox.

Originally posted by iCamp@Jan 11 2004, 01:32 PM

Please do not post anything that is Illegal (mod chips and so forth) or links where to get such items. Anything that is will be deleted. Only warning

We can't talk about mod chips? They aren't illegal, are they? Certainly, some of the things people use their mod chips for may be illegal but I don't think it necessary to ban all discussion about the topic. There are some pretty cool and totally legal things one can do with a modded Xbox.

Camp, the one problem that is run into with the discussion of mod chips is that the discussion always winds up going in the wrong direction.

You are correct in that mod chips are not illegal and there are certain things that can be done with a modded Xbox semi-legally. This is not the point. There are sites setup to discuss this topic and it just so happens that this site is not one of them. If you want to discuss modding Xbox's with other LCVG members than I suggest private messaging them.

Mmmm, Joey, are you referring to my inital post, or did you delete someone else's post?

Someone else's post was deleted. Your topic is fine, Joel.

There are lots of good and legal things you can do with a modded xbox, I have one that I love to tinker with constantly. It is just like any tool in life, can be used for good or for things not so good (or legal).

But Capt, Future, and Buck run this site and if they say no mod talk, then we must respect the request. Doesn't matter why they decide on that course; they agreed, decided, and set forth the rules. So let's not split hairs on why they don't want mod talk, because it really doesn't matter.

Da rules are da rules, go find a scene where you can talk about xbox modding elsewhere :green: