LCVG

The Matrix Awakens (Possible game using Unreal Engine 5?)

Romier S

This was leaked with no confirmation of what it is other than its apparently using Unreal Engine 5. It could very well be an interactive demo/ad for the new movie or something more. We'll have to wait and see:

matrix_awakens_art_1024.jpg

https://www.polygon.com/22814056/the-matrix-awakens-unreal-engine-5-experience-resurrections

"Experience" definitely leads me to believe it is some kind of interactive demo, yes. It'd be nice if Lana Wachowski has some multi-media plans in mind though. While I actually had a soft spot for Enter the Matrix back in the day, the history of Matrix games is deeply flawed (or, if you will, "shit"), but it's a franchise with so much untapped potential in the virtual space. I don't even think it'd have to be an action game either. Imagine some kind of graphic adventure game like Life is Strange but in The Matrix universe. That could be brilliant.

1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

"Experience" definitely leads me to believe it is some kind of interactive demo, yes. It'd be nice if Lana Wachowski has some multi-media plans in mind though. While I actually had a soft spot for Enter the Matrix back in the day, the history of Matrix games is deeply flawed (or, if you will, "shit"), but it's a franchise with so much untapped potential in the virtual space. I don't even think it'd have to be an action game either. Imagine some kind of graphic adventure game like Life is Strange but in The Matrix universe. That could be brilliant.

Enter the Matrix was jank but fun. Path of Neo is much the same. I have a serious soft spot for Path of Neo and its quite good on the OG Xbox. Even if terribly limited by the technology.

This is a real treat. Thrilling and funny, with brief gameplay akin to a 90s on rails Arcade light gun shooter! "Sexy action" for the win!

The second segment of the demo allowing you to walk, drive or fly around the rendered city is breathtaking. I haven't spent a lot of time with it but there surely has to be easter eggs to discover?

I'd love to know who's responsible for the music. It's definitely not lifted from Davis' scores to the original three but is absolutely faithful to some of his themes. If it's representative of the Resurrections score then I'm very excited

Yes I was playing yesterday as it released and I was telling the guys in the discord that DF guys where going to have a field day with this. 

what surprised me the most was being able to get in and drive any of the parked cars, speeding and the ensuing crash looking pretty realistic - I wasn’t expecting that level of fidelity in a demo.

The geometry detail is also pretty apparent.