LCVG

Alan Wake II Confirmed?

JFo

Sam Lake, writing for the PlayStation Blog:

For over a decade, after Alan Wake, in between every project we have made, I have eagerly worked on Alan Wake 2 with a small core team, dreaming up different incarnations of the concept. But getting a large game project funded and greenlit is a complex effort that depends on many things, some of which are beyond our control. We never gave up hope. If anything, we grew more determined as years passed. Each version of the concept felt better than the previous one. It is easy to feel happy and excited now that Alan Wake 2 is finally happening based on our latest iteration of the concept, and not the ones that came before that. We’re so happy to be at this point, after so much hard work, sharing our excitement with you.

With Control, our game from 2019, we established the Remedy Connected Universe, where both Control and Alan Wake exist in the same universe. AWE, the second expansion of Control, builds a crossover event between the two games, and hints of things to come. Control was the first Remedy Universe game on PlayStation. And after it, we had the perfect opportunity to release Alan Wake Remastered also on PlayStation this fall. It’s been wonderful to see so many of you visit the small town of Bright Falls for the first time.

I also want to make it clear that playing our previous games is not required in any way to fully enjoy Alan Wake 2, but to those interested it will add to the backstory of it.

This post not only has me intrigued for what this game will be, but also itching to finally get around to playing Control: Ultimate Edition on either my PS5 or Xbox Series X (I can't decide).

17 minutes ago, JFo said:

Sam Lake, writing for the PlayStation Blog:

This post not only has me intrigued for what this game will be, but also itching to finally get around to playing Control: Ultimate Edition on either my PS5 or Xbox Series X (I can't decide).

DualSense support on the PS5 pushes it to the forefront, IMO. The games perform identically (in either performance mode or the superb RT mode).